thm carbones scapula sp

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
happydazzze

by happydazzze

Does anyone have any ride time feedback on these beauties?

happydazzze

by happydazzze

Obviously not then. So any opinions on these versus the Stork Stilleto Light. I know the Stork's carbon steerer is wrapped in kevlar to prevent damage between the stem and steerer, is there a similar method used on the thms.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

I have only 3 rides on a Scapula SP tuned, cut to 175mm 229 grams. The steerer did have kevlar in it. The fork was very stiff and rode great, of course I'm only 122lbs. The nicest fork I've ridden in the sub 300gram category.

But just like their site says the oval inside diameter of the steerer does make things a little different.
" Some creativity required when adjusting the head set is the only trade-off for this record-breaking fork. A common method is to carefully preload stem and fork using a long screw clamp until the stem is securely fastened to the steerer. However, average hand strength usually suffices as well to get enough preload on the headset until the stem has been fastened."

So if absolute lightest doesn't matter to you, I'd go with the standard SP.

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Wow, a 229 gram fork? How'd you get it in the states?

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

brianwchan wrote:Wow, a 229 gram fork? How'd you get it in the states?

It was delivered to a friend of mine in Germany, then rerouted back.

mises

by mises

You can also order through our host starbike. Mine shipped last week.

pk0r
AKA "The Nils"!

by pk0r

Hi happydazzze,
I can report you in about 1/2 a week.
My fork (Scapula SP) is said to come tomorrow (well already was said to come last week and has already been paid - but that's another story :-)) and is to replace my Storck Stiletto Light (299g/195mm w/ the alu steerer), which has served me for some 40k kms, so I will be able to give you first hand news next week.
Cheers pk0r
| http://www.ax-lightness.de |
| pk0r.com | "I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey." |

happydazzze

by happydazzze

well I bit the bullet and ordered a Scapula SP from poshbikes yesterday and will add feedback in a couple of weeks time, when I get my frame. The steerer is wrapped in kevlar, as is the storck, to prevent damage between the stem and carbon. It will be half the weight of my previous fork and much stiffer I hope.