New AX Lightness parts at Interbike

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
ksroadie

by ksroadie

How about AX Astraeus (or Astraios), Titan god of the stars?

Maybe avoid AX "Kraken" for anything made of carbon fiber. And there's the whole plumber pants thing too. :)

Zen Cyclery
Shop Owner

by Zen Cyclery

I also agree that a 24 hole version is needed!

mythical

by mythical

I give you Astraeus, this one belonging to member "anquetil" here on WW.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

RideWert.com
Wert Cycling on Facebook

KB

by KB

Great looking bike, especially the titanium seatpost.

RWH

by RWH

1st choice was Hades, but unfortunately taken already.

So I go for Agrius
Never give up, never say die.

mythical

by mythical

pk0r wrote:I'll sit together with Axel on Friday to come to a decision which one we like best.
Any updates on the untitled cranks? :hello:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

RideWert.com
Wert Cycling on Facebook

pk0r
AKA "The Nils"!

by pk0r

I just returned back home from Axel, Rico - but indeed we have come to a decision yesterday night. It really really is not just a flowery phrase when stating it had been a very tough decision as both of us have been overwhelmed not only by the quantity but especially also quality of the posts. I must say I was having several favorites at the same time (also some in completely different directions/orientations) and personally some names also have been encouraging new product ideas..

So ultimately it has been a very tough call, in the end the last two finalists in our shootout have come from the same person though (the proposals had not been limited to just one) which however as well sets us in front of slight problems as said user has been sending his suggestions via mail, bit as well as PM in here on the forums. The former may have disqualified him if one would have to be strict, but the latter to us still qualifies him to being a deserved winner (as it still has been a forum contribution which is what has been asked for).

So the Oscar goes to mike and the crank is going to be called AX.Morpheus in reference to Morpheus, God of dreams. :podium:
My congratulations!!! Please send me your address and I'll ship out your Nasdorowje cage as well as AX Source bottle! :no1:

More info on the crank is going to be leaked bit by bit in the near future. This is definitely not going to be vaporware.. I have been taking a look at our latest drawings and prototypes still today which had just come out of the autoclave. The progress looks promising and is on schedule. We are aiming for a release in spring 2010.
| http://www.ax-lightness.de |
| pk0r.com | "I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey." |

mythical

by mythical

Morpheus is an excellent name! :thumbup: Congrats to Mike! :beerchug:
At least AX had cranks before its name. I got the name, not the cranks.

Can't wait to ride a set! When are they available? Will they come in 175mm?

RideWert.com
Wert Cycling on Facebook

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Yes, a worthy winner.

Of course, surely the AX Pythias, whatever that product might be, will be coming out not too long after the Morpheus. Remember that like Pythias, the Pythias <insert AX bicycle component here> can be depended on to keep its word, perform as advertised, and get the job done, no matter the adversity.

Edit: And like Pythias, who, despite the adversity of his ship being seized by pirates, valiantly persisted to make it back in time to spare his friend Damon's death, so too the AX Pythias valiantly persists to get its name attached to the next worthy AX bicycle component for which its qualities so clearly hit the mark.
Last edited by HammerTime2 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Raxel

by Raxel

I think the new crank will go well with Neo frame..and Giant makes a frame named trinity as well... :mrgreen:

Wonder when the production version crank will be available and how much it will weigh..

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Thanks guys! I am honored to have been part of the naming process.

Gold Knight

by Gold Knight

good job Mike--it is a really good name for the crank!

:thumbup:

i have the cage already and it is superbe!
:smartass: DO NOT RIDE AN AX-LIGHTNESS FORK :smartass:

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Sorry edited, too late!
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

coloclimber

by coloclimber

AX Cages arrived from Fairwheel today. Thanks Nils and Jason.

They came in at 14gr and 15gr on my ghetto scale. Another 2gr for the bolts.

They seem very stiff when trying to bend them by hand but flex enough for a bottle to get in and out. Very nice finish quality as expected. The inside is dull/matt and the outside is gloss/clearcoat. I love the AX embossed in the carbon.

Attachments
axcage16gr.jpg
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

LegalizeMyCAAD9

by LegalizeMyCAAD9

czvekslak wrote:Forks with weight limits - that is just scary. The cranks look very nice!

IIRC Easton has no weight limit on their forks, and limited 5-year warranty... what's the warranty on Ax forks etc?
;)