Planet X brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Dig the Planet X brakes (especially the price). A lot of advantages with Campag. Very good modulation and extra clearance. On my CAAD10 I can run up to 30mm tires w generous clearance. I've had the brakeset for about a year and have run them with the included blue pads and a few carbon pads. Breaking has been more than adequate for my 165 pounds. After setting them up I never really thought about the design or quirks but here's a pretty good rundown:

http://amplewritings.blogspot.com/2012/ ... rakes.html

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

beeatnik wrote:Dig the Planet X brakes (especially the price). A lot of advantages with Campag. Very good modulation and extra clearance. On my CAAD10 I can run up to 30mm tires w generous clearance. I've had the brakeset for about a year and have run them with the included blue pads and a few carbon pads. Breaking has been more than adequate for my 165 pounds. After setting them up I never really thought about the design or quirks but here's a pretty good rundown:

http://amplewritings.blogspot.com/2012/ ... rakes.html

Great review, I had the same experience with mine moving from Red as well. On the cool factor... they just look cool .We are a ww group, however cool factor is part of it if things are equal and weigh less.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klarion

by Klarion

If anyone in the UK is looking for a pair of these, I've noticed that the forged ones (in black) are currently on offer for £50 on the Planet X website. The CNC ones are going for £90 in various colours.

nyoda

by nyoda

Just bought a pair of the forged ones in black from the UK site. Looking forward to installing them on my Allez.