3T Ergosum vs Ergonova

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

leosantos

by leosantos

anyone with an actual weight for a 42cm ergosum LTD? it's listed as 174gr on 3T website.. I have a ergonova 42 team and it weighs 201 gr (196gr on the site, so a 5 gr ~2% difference I can live with).

Anyway, my ergosum ltd arrived yesterday and it weighted 214 gr!! my scale is fine, thanks, I have several other components weighting as they are supposed to - including the ergonova. I already wrote 3T to see if that makes any sense, but I dont want it at 23% overweight.. that's why I paid more for the ltd.. however, got it on ebay. first time I have this kinda of trouble, and makes me wonder how it can be so off its claimed weight..

SSB

by SSB

Where did the Ergosum come from? If it was from Asia, or came at a super-low price, it could be fake. I've seen listings for Ergosum bars pop up on eBay from Asia recently, and like the fake ARX stems, they are likely heavier than the originals.

My Ergonova LTD in 42cm weights 185 grams which is actually a few grams less than claimed.
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

leosantos

by leosantos

came from new york, at least that was stated on item location

I'll post as I have a reply from 3T..

lechat

by lechat

My Ergosum LTDs came in at 182gms, 44cm. There are Asian fakes. I think you can even get them thru Alibaba, like WCS carbon and K force stems and seat posts.

KH1

by KH1

leosantos wrote:anyone with an actual weight for a 42cm ergosum LTD? it's listed as 174gr on 3T website.. I have a ergonova 42 team and it weighs 201 gr (196gr on the site, so a 5 gr ~2% difference I can live with).

Anyway, my ergosum ltd arrived yesterday and it weighted 214 gr!! my scale is fine, thanks, I have several other components weighting as they are supposed to - including the ergonova. I already wrote 3T to see if that makes any sense, but I dont want it at 23% overweight.. that's why I paid more for the ltd.. however, got it on ebay. first time I have this kinda of trouble, and makes me wonder how it can be so off its claimed weight..

My LTD Ergosum 42 weighed 185g

If the OP is thinking of something that covers both aero look and shallow drop take a look at the Zipp Contour SL.
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

leosantos

by leosantos

Ive that one also, the zipp countour SL.. can't fault it, and likelly the most beautiful handlebar Ive seen in person! wish I could leave it without any bar tape.. haven't weight it, though I think its purpose is to sit in between the zipp sl and the vuka sprint in terms of weight, aeroness and stiffness.. anyone confirm that?

regarding my likely fake ergosum, I should go to 3T to confirm this later this week, and since paypal wont let me open a complain (cause I got it over 45 days ago - it took a bit longer than that for the bar to reach me in Brazil) , all I can do apparentely is leave a negative feedback for the seller and say it is fake

chazzawoods

by chazzawoods

Anyone know the true weight of the 40cm ergonova? Couldn't find anything corresponding to that size. Most places seem to say either 260g or 326g, very different but I don't know which source to trust. It was the alloy 'pro' model I was hoping to get, thanks
No, I am not trying to sell you something.

markyboy

by markyboy

BikeTart wrote:Out of curiosity, how are you guys wrapping the Ergonovas? The way the graphics are indicates that you would only part-tape them, but then the cables have no method of staying in place - are you fully wrapping them?

Heres mine ergonovas love them,wrapped, then finished of with heli tape to hold cables works a treat.

Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

chazzawoods

by chazzawoods

yes, when you have all of those cool graphics why cover them up, it also aids with the cable routing, especiallly for the front brake caliper, the arc is much less harsh. on the other hand, it means the tops aren't as comfortable..

cerro

by cerro

Well done Markyboy.

Is there a handlebar with shape like a Ergonova but where you don't have to tape the top?

chazzawoods

by chazzawoods

You could try the fsa wing pro compact, it has always been regarded as a fairly similar shape to the ergonova, weight is good at 270g, and the graphics of the bar go beyond the clip-on extra area.

No handlebar really has to be fully wrapped, it's just more appropriate if either there is no cable grooves/routing, or if there are some cool graphics which you would rather not cover up.

I just bought a set of ergonovas and plan to wrap them with the tops uncovered, so soon i will release a picture and table of claimed weight figures which i collected from the web.
No, I am not trying to sell you something.