2010 Cannondale Dealer Meeting CAAD9 pics

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

Yes, it will be offered as a frame.

And as far as warranty goes, Cannondale does lifetime and there is a trade a program. I wonder if people who buy Sony Playstations or Apple's iPhone/iPod expect those companies to keep their product up to date? Also, in the Moto world, most off road motorcycles come with ZERO warranty. That's nothing, nada. I also guess you're not from the states as there are plenty of people driving around with Chevy/Ford logos all over their cars....
Doing bike things.

STRAVA
INSTAGRAM

cswi9367

by cswi9367

another review, with video. claimed weight is 860 for a 56cm for 2010 model vs 2009 being 960 for 56cm.

http://reviews.roadbikereview.com/blog/ ... -supersix/

by Weenie

cruud

by cruud

Any word of the wheelset on the Rival CAAD9?

STARNUT

by STARNUT

Shimano RS50 if I recall...

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

NoChain

by NoChain

I think the 2009 CAAD9 paint scheme is much classier than the new 2010. Plus, when you upgrade the fork, you have one killer bike.

Caad9 + Campy > Caad9 + Shim/Sram

:D
Attachments
1.JPG

STARNUT

by STARNUT

You forgot one................. CAAD9-SISL+any other crank =

:lol:

Nice ride but it's needs an SISL

Starnut
Last edited by STARNUT on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

BB30.COM

NoChain

by NoChain

sorry, I'm a purist, gotta go all campy.

nah, its just that my frame is not bb30... otherwise I'd probably buy it.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

eric01 wrote:Trade-in options, warranties, all after-sale support costs money. When you buy a bike with good support (e.g. trek's warranty), the cost is built in. If Trek's doing its pricing structure right, there's a model somewhere that says "we expect x warranty replacements, at a cost of $y. $y spread across z sales means an additional cost of $n per bike"

Appreciated.

However Trek are able to offer this, yet still remain competitive in their pricing with other brands that do not...

For which I admire them for.

eric01 wrote:If you don't want any logos, or any post sales support, there are many ebay sellers who are offering oem, no-name frames for sale

And there are also brands out of Asia who have minimal branding, who are happy to offer lifetime warranties too.

Junior Varsity wrote:And as far as warranty goes, Cannondale does lifetime and there is a trade a program. I wonder if people who buy Sony Playstations or Apple's iPhone/iPod expect those companies to keep their product up to date? Also, in the Moto world, most off road motorcycles come with ZERO warranty. That's nothing, nada. I also guess you're not from the states as there are plenty of people driving around with Chevy/Ford logos all over their cars....

I'm not spending anywhere near the same amount on my PS3 and iPod as I am with a bicycle. And fwiw my iPod had a two year warranty and I believe the Sony had at least one year. Which does not stack up too badly at all with those offered on most bicycles.

I don't ride motorbikes, so have no idea about all that. Although I will say that, for me, that's a blight on them and a failure in their post sales support rather than supporting evidence on how bicycle manufacturers should operate.

I also do not live in the USA, but have to wonder (and would be surprised) if paint jobs with Ford/Chevy logo's all over the car are a standard option....? And by "all over the car" I'm assuming it's along the lines that I aluded to previously and would be comparable to those on a bike....?

Whatever the case, I'm very happy to agree to disagree on this one. As it's all sort of detracting from the original thread. You've got a right of reply of course, but otherwise happy to drop it.

Optimo-GmC

by Optimo-GmC

NoChain wrote:sorry, I'm a purist, gotta go all campy.

nah, its just that my frame is not bb30... otherwise I'd probably buy it.

You need to change your wheels by real wheels...

Looking forward to my trip to Italy next weekend to check out the latest stuff...
2011 Cannondale Flash 29er (in order)
2008 Cannondale SuperSix
2007 Cannondale Taurine (for sale)

shabbasuraj
Shop Owner

by shabbasuraj

This thread is about 2010 models.. AND SHOULD BE LOCKINATED>
Mass Weenie

bJay

by bJay

STARNUT wrote:Super 6 Ultimate $10,649

Starnut

They say here http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/first-look-cannondales-2010-road-highlights-22205 that the retail is $13,299 :noidea:

Are they wrong (need to know just how many pennies I will have to count... :D ) ?
a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in lycra

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

STARNUT

by STARNUT

That's the price for the SRM bike. All the prices I gave were for the non-SRM.

Starnut

BB30.COM

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

STARNUT wrote:That's the price for the SRM bike. All the prices I gave were for the non-SRM.

Starnut

So what would you do?

Buy the Caad9-1(FSA SLK bb30 crank right?) or get the Caad9-4(Sram Force bb30 crank?) and swap the shifters and deraileurs for 2010 Force? The wheels, bar, stem, saddle, ect will get swapped anyway for my own stuff.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

STARNUT

by STARNUT

assuming you're not going to buy a Super 6............ I'd get the CAAD9-4, swap the hoods for Red, and swap the cranks for SI-SL SRM............... Then get some bad-mam-a-jamma wheels and you're ready to rock.

Starnut

BB30.COM

by Weenie

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

STARNUT wrote:assuming you're not going to buy a Super 6............ I'd get the CAAD9-4, swap the hoods for Red, and swap the cranks for SI-SL SRM............... Then get some bad-mam-a-jamma wheels and you're ready to rock.

Starnut

Can't afford the Super 6/don't want to race a bike that expensive.

You'd leave the Rival deraileurs?
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago