2010 Cannondale Dealer Meeting CAAD9 pics

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I suppose the good thing now is that you can pick up last years CAAD for a tidy discount!

by Weenie

STARNUT

by STARNUT

Yeah right. They've been sold out of the 08 CAADs for almost 6 weeks. Your only hope is to find a dealer that is willing to discount in the middle of the season on a bike that some, literally, sold a tractor trailer full of.

Cross bikes are going to be Red, Ball Burnished, and BBQ. No Sram except the bad mama-jamma one, which comes speced with Ksyrium tubbies by the way. The dealers did ask for a Rival bike though. Next year maybe. Cross is still a little weird for the US.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I'm in Oz mate.

Not sure they would sell as many as they would in the US.

Plus I know for certain I could get one for about $1800AUD. Sure it comes with Tiagra/Sora mix, but then I would only be buying it for the frame.

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

Hey Star,

Have you got an MSRP for the 7900 and/or the Force caad9's?
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

STARNUT

by STARNUT

there is no Force CAAD9, the closest the have the 4 with full Rival and a Force BB30 crank.

Super 6 Ultimate $10,649
Super 6 Team $8,999
Super 6 Di2 $8,499
Super 6 Hi-Mod 1 $6,399
Super 6 2 (RED, YEL) $4,599
Super 6 3 (BLK, RED) $3,749
CAAD9 1 (BBQ, WHT) $2,999
CAAD9 4 (BBQ, RED) $1,799
CAAD9 5 (BLU, GRY) $1,499

Starnut
Last edited by STARNUT on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

BB30.COM

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

The caad9 4 is the Force bike?

$1800 is a steal...

EDIT://
Ah, okay. Good price either way for a straight up race bike.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

STARNUT

by STARNUT

The one I was most "impressed with" is the Super 6 2. That thing is FULL Red with a Red crank that is Cannondale branded and Ksyrium Equipe wheels for $4000. The frame is not the Hi-Mod, so it's 150 grams heavier but it is, effectively, the Super 6 Ultimate from 2008, minus the wheels, and cockpit. That thing is a killer deal at $4000 as is the CAAD 9 4 and 1. Those 3 are going to be hard to get (along with the CAAD9 5) and should be home runs.

These is not really the place for this, but they finally got the Slice sorted out and speced them to sell, or, speced them in a way that dealers can actually sell them. Full Rival Slice with R2C shifters, BB30 crank.............. $ 2499. Yeah...... thats a good deal. It's not the Hi-Mod frame but it's a TT bike, who cares if it's 150 grams heavier, it's popped out of the same mold. Those thing have a great geometry and are super fast and smooth. NOW they should actually be able to sell some :lol:. I'll never understand the logic behind specing Ksyriums SLs or Equpies on a TT bike if you're a large manufacturer. WTF............ seriously? They got is sorted now though. They found the best thing that's round and will stay that way and they let dealers sell the guys the wheels. That's they way to do it.

Starnut

BB30.COM

durangoscott

by durangoscott

What is a sweet S6 hi-mod or regular S6 frameset going to set my bank account back? Thanks in advance for the info.

dmotoguy

by dmotoguy

any idea when the cross frames/bikes will be hitting stores?

lighter=faster?

by lighter=faster?

So what has changed in the 2010 Hi Mod Super Six from the 2009? Hi Mod Super Six? Wasn't Cannondale havng Ivan Basso try various prototypes?

I have a 2009 Hi Mod Super Six built up with Campy Record 10spd.. I don't have a BB30 crankset in it yet, still using a Stronglight Pulsion (ISIS)... Hollowgram SI SL on order. Do I need to get a 2010 HMS6?

And my Slice is a 2008, so not the Hi Mod version (but I much prefer the 2008 Slice color scheme to the 2009 color scheme) Any changes in Slice frame shape? cable routing?
2009 HM SuperSix 12.75 lbs
BB30 CAAD9 crit bike 14.375 lbs
Cannondale Slice <15 lbs
Cannondale Capo track/fixie
Motobecane 9357 Fly
Ritchey Break Away steel road 15.5 lbs

redoaker

by redoaker

Thanks mucho Starnut for all the info, especially FS colors for the CAAD9. Can't imagine what it would be like to be the font of knowledge for the world of W Weenies, no thank you.

Hubert

by Hubert

BrianAllan wrote:
I like the tube profiles and the finish, but I detest the large CANNONDALE decals

DUDE

I'm with you. BUT C'dale is still head and shoulders better than S*****lized. Riding one of their bikes is like straddling a rolling billboard.

At some point, these companies need to kick down the grassroots guys with a little love. If some of us are out there, riding, five days a week on a frame with loud decals, announcing THIS COMPANY MADE MY FRAME we should get a little help. Don't you guys agree? It's just a bit greed to charge $3000 + and get all that FREE advertising to boot.

I pulled the decals off my bike not because I dislike the company that made it, but if you're going to make me pay full retail, I'm not going to contribute to your marketing campaign pro-bono. Sorry.
Turn down the suck knob.

Phill P

by Phill P

Why do branded drink bottles cost more than no name?
Why do shorts with a brand name blazed down the leg cost more?

Its crazy. But people will often pay more for the same product with a better brand name on it, jusdt to be seen to have that brand.

In my mind they should do paint schemes that make people want to look at it, and then buy, rather than just ramming the brand name down thier throats.

The old Kliens you knew it was a klien by the crazy paint, even if you couldn't see the brand name, and you wanted to look at it more.
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

20veetee

by 20veetee

Good stuff from Cannondale!

Any words on a Campy equiped CAAD9? Probably the Super Six Team is the only SuperSix with Campy?

by Weenie

STARNUT

by STARNUT

:lol:

You're kidding right? Cannondale sold 3-4 Campy bikes in this terrioty last year..... total, and one was a mis-ship. No one buys Campy at the OEM level....... or it's very limited.

As of now (and forever) the only Campy bike will be the Liquigas bike.

Starnut

BB30.COM