2010 Cannondale Dealer Meeting CAAD9 pics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

STARNUT

by STARNUT

no they were on an incline behind the rear wheel as I couldn't find a flat spot to get far enough away from them to take a pic. And what do you mean old fashioned?

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hubert

by Hubert

I LOVE this frame.
Turn down the suck knob.

cogsci

by cogsci

So only the high end carbon bikes like the sixes will be made in China?

sml12

by sml12

STARNUT wrote:no they were on an incline behind the rear wheel as I couldn't find a flat spot to get far enough away from them to take a pic. And what do you mean old fashioned?

Starnut

Old fashioned ... welll I guess you do not see many horizontal top tube bikes with that more classic geometry these days .. most are sloping or curved.

Stats

by Stats

@STARNUT - you've got pictures of just the white and red CAAD9 - is there going to be a charcoal colour one too? and what spec will be on that coloured one? How much will the SRAM Force CAAD9 weigh?

They look really nice - this is the problem with bikes - there are so many nice bikes around it's really hard to pick just one or two to own... maybe it's just better to buy a bike and turn them over each year insead :lol:

modcon86

by modcon86

STARNUT wrote:no they were on an incline behind the rear wheel as I couldn't find a flat spot to get far enough away from them to take a pic. And what do you mean old fashioned?

Starnut

i think he means excellent and raceable...
gone crazy. be back soon

redoaker

by redoaker

Starnut, does the dealer lit indicate paint scheme / schemes offered for the CAAD9 frame set? Or did they possibly mention it in a sales meeting? thanks

BrianAllan

by BrianAllan

Hubert wrote:Image

I LOVE this frame.

Could you imagine it with 1 less CANNONDALE decal, and the remaining decal at 75% in a color just a few shades different from the matt finish : ) I like the tube profiles and the finish, but I detest the large CANNONDALE decals

And that bike needs a different seatpost! DEDA, New Ultimate, Extralite would all do the trick :D

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

That SuperSix seems to have the Orca 08 top tube finish and the Giant 09 seat and down tube finish.

Not that it's a bad look (for me), but we have sort of seen it before.

I may change my mind, but for now I'm thinking '09 'dales >>>> '10 dales (in terms of finish). The rides will probably be the best yet.... :roll: not a dig at Cannondale, rather the marketing hype that surrounds every new bike

cogsci

by cogsci

I agree on the whole slightly dark decal on the black, I don't like how they're plastering cannondale all over their bikes, it looks too much like Specialized.

Phill P

by Phill P

I'm guessing its because they are now owned by a bike marketing comany, rather than being a bike making company.

Its all about branding!

Would be more agreeable if they used grey decals, and look stealthish too.

On the CAAD9 taper steerer....yeah I guess the larger lower head tube would be heavier, and CAADs don't have a huge down tube joint to warrent the extra weld space. But I thought half the point was to make the fibres in the fork straighter to make a more effecient joint there, hence make the fork lighter stronger and stiffer.

Maybe this is an incremental thing...just like "Al is as good as CF" and they slowly rebuilt the bike in CF. OK that was a learning curve thing, but Cannondale tend to do things in steps.
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

STARNUT

by STARNUT

framesets will be black or white on the CAAD9 and the Super 6 HM will come in Red, Team Replica, or the cool matte black above. The non HM Supers will not be sold as FS.

The CAAD9 1 will come in BBQ or White and and they are making a charcoal color in the CAAD9 5 but that color is not sold as a FS.

Uh..... what else.

What till you see the mountain bike

Starnut

BB30.COM

Phill P

by Phill P

What date are you allowed to release the MTB? Velonews has referred to sometihng new coming as well (but no details)
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

STARNUT

by STARNUT

7/4/09

Starnut

BB30.COM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

levels1069

by levels1069

What is the latest on the entry and mid level cross bikes still shimano, or is there Rival for the mid level now? new colors?