New powermeter rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lewolive

by lewolive

mag wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:20 pm
New ROTOR 2INpower DM, seems to be based on their recent Aldhu crankset http://rotorbike.com/catalog/default/ro ... -road.html
I see the DM spider. This is a good thing to reduce the weight of the 2Inpower. I have tried the spider on Aldhu and it's excellent in terms of stiffness and weight.
BUT there is one issue: I don't know anyone who has the same OCP on inner and outer chainring. For me, it's 2 on big chainring and 1 on small chainring. So, I need to choose bestween 1 or 2 with this spider, whereas on my 2Inpower with 2 separated chainrings, I use 2 different positions. But for those who are using just one chainring, that's OK. If I decide to use the DM, I'll probably adjust the spider in position 1 on mountain rides and keep position 2 for flat rides.
I'm waiting for an improved 2Inpower in terms of weight. After 2 years of use, this is a perfect powermeter, except for the weight. With replacing the 2Inpower by and Aldhu, I feel I'm flying with Aldhu, which is about 250g light than 2Inpower, but has not powermeter features...

LM7805

by LM7805

There's a new company developing a power meter that fits between the pedal and the crank arm. They're called IQ2 (iq squared? or something like that). Saw an add on facebook, they are launching a kickstarter tomorrow.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c60rider

by c60rider

LM7805 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:26 pm
There's a new company developing a power meter that fits between the pedal and the crank arm. They're called IQ2 (iq squared? or something like that). Saw an add on facebook, they are launching a kickstarter tomorrow.
Looks interesting here's the website. It looks to sit neatly along the crank arm will be interesting if it works on Campagnolo carbon cranks. I've not had chance to read the specifics.

https://www.iqsquare.com

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

LM7805 wrote:
Has been already tried, sort of ...

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/limits-power-accuracy

kwakekeham

by kwakekeham

Heard I might be wrong about my pedal comment on the pods. Still nothing in FCC that I can find, but could be 3rd party dev that isn't Look or SRM doing the electronics or using a smaller module such as a new one I found from Taiyo Yuden ( 5.1x11.3x1.3mm) so that could fit inside a body.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Damn that takes me back to CD burning days.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Tobin, seeing "Taiyo Yuden", I share your sentiment :D
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

AndreLM

by AndreLM

More info on SRM / Look pedal-based PM published by Ray today:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/05/han ... edals.html

c60rider

by c60rider

AndreLM wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:42 pm
More info on SRM / Look pedal-based PM published by Ray today:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/05/han ... edals.html
Thanks for that but if there was an example of paying a price for the name rather than function then this is it if those estimated prices are correct. There's pretty much only the SRM crank based power meters that are more expensive than these :unbelievable:

leandrofresh

by leandrofresh

c60rider wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:14 pm
LM7805 wrote:
Looks interesting here's the website. It looks to sit neatly along the crank arm will be interesting if it works on Campagnolo carbon cranks. I've not had chance to read the specifics.

At the moment it doesn't really exists. Dcrainmaker wrote a mini-preview and the company says they actually haven't been able to transmit power to a computer so far. And the fact that the powermeter adds 16mm of q-factor per side, which is a LOT (more than enough to affect your knee tracking in roadbikes)makes it not interesting for me.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

So the Look/SRM “Exakt” pedal embargo has been lifted. Meh. No pods, but they’re $1300 / 1400€ and heavier than Favero Assiomas. Nearly as heavy as Garmin Vector 3s and the “bladed” platform still worries me...I’ve sheared off those wings on two KeO Blades in crashes...my Garmin Vector 2s only get scuffed in crashes. The installation procedure is slightly more involved, though that isn’t a dealbreaker for me, just everything else is.

maquisard

by maquisard

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:43 pm
I’ve sheared off those wings on two KeO Blades in crashes...
Same here, I've damaged the wings at the side during a crash in a race which exposed and lifted the metal platform making the pedal useless. These look like a pretty poor solution overall, not sure why anyone would even consider them.

The current gen. Vector is by far superior, as are the Powertap pedals.

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:43 pm
So the Look/SRM “Exakt” pedal embargo has been lifted. Meh. No pods, but they’re $1300 / 1400€ and heavier than Favero Assiomas. Nearly as heavy as Garmin Vector 3s and the “bladed” platform still worries me...I’ve sheared off those wings on two KeO Blades in crashes...my Garmin Vector 2s only get scuffed in crashes. The installation procedure is slightly more involved, though that isn’t a dealbreaker for me, just everything else is.
How often are you hitting the deck?!

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

leandrofresh wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:14 pm
c60rider wrote:
LM7805 wrote:

At the moment it doesn't really exists. Dcrainmaker wrote a mini-preview and the company says they actually haven't been able to transmit power to a computer so far. And the fact that the powermeter adds 16mm of q-factor per side, which is a LOT (more than enough to affect your knee tracking in roadbikes)makes it not interesting for me.
16mm? I think you mean 1.6mm. The current Keos have a factor of 53mm, and DC is quoting SRM at 54.6.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c60rider

by c60rider

ghisallo2003 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:07 am
leandrofresh wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:14 pm
c60rider wrote:
LM7805 wrote:

16mm? I think you mean 1.6mm. The current Keos have a factor of 53mm, and DC is quoting SRM at 54.6.
That comment related to the iq2 PM that is a unit that fits in between the crank arm and the pedal so does push you out further