Carbon Fibre Rim Decals

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
danielgillett

by danielgillett

As some may already know, I am starting a carbon fibre wheel manufacturing business, but we have one quiery that might need some public answering...

...What type of decals do you or most brands use on carbon fibre rims?

Note: Keep your eyes posted at www.dynamikwheels.com

kAb

by kAb

Put very small decals, maybe one or two on each side... or just don't put any at all (i know it sucks for marketing them but most come right off once they're purchased anyways.) Just keep it to a minimum.

by Weenie

Superlite

by Superlite

Keep the decals simple and clean, no more then 2 colors, and all decals should be the same.

danielgillett

by danielgillett

Thank you for your recommendations. I have since been contacted by many people about sticker production.

Fortunately, one of the Director's is a professional Digital Designer, so we are able to offer a custom color/design for people.

mises

by mises

With a deeper section rim I would try to design them to produce an optical effect like a spiral or pulsing pattern at speed. Then they won't have to be sitting still for people to recognise who made them. And mold them into the wheel too so they won't come off.

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

Why not making many differents stickers?
The buyer will have to choose between (for example) two or three kind of decals or no decals at all. That could be a good commercial thing.
Anyway, when you will have done the decals, post a picture of them here, I'm interested to buy/order customs decals for my wheelsets.

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

Adrien wrote:Why not making many differents stickers?
The buyer will have to choose between (for example) two or three kind of decals or no decals at all. That could be a good commercial thing.
Anyway, when you will have done the decals, post a picture of them here, I'm interested to buy/order customs decals for my wheelsets.

:exactly:

I think you should offer a range of different designs. Some people want to be noticed and want huge stickers, while some want that black look and thats it.

I think one reason many people buy cosmic carbons is because of how they look! they just look mean and agressive!

If you start building wheels that look simple then someone can just buy zipp rims and build what they want that look close to your products.

Go wild! catter for everyone!

Oh yeah, you should buy the domain dynamik.com, make them a little offer. Just in case your company gets bigger and you want to sell other products.

by Weenie