Have anyone used the Yokozuna reaction cable housing?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

foz

by foz

Boneman, I'm about to do the exact same installation as you just did, new yokozunas to replace my campy cables on chorus 10 with mavic brake calipers. I also have a park CN-4 cable cutter - did yours work fine on the brake outers? I could do with a dremel anyway so I'll probably use this job as an excuse to get one but it would be good to know if the park goes through the outers cleanly and easily. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boneman

by boneman

I have a Dremel as well but the CN-4 works fine on the outer housing. You might have to do a bit of clean up on the flat wire wrap which goes around wire core. The picture shows two raw cut ends using the CN-4, one where I gently squeezed the outer back to the round shape and the other untreated after the cut with the CN-4.
Attachments
IMG_7918crop (Large).jpg
The facts, while interesting, are not relevant.......

cmdr199212

by cmdr199212

Wow. I kinda got on the wagon late, but looks like I might be going with a set of these! I only have a CN-4, so I hope I'll be able to use them. Now to find a cassette...

Chirobike

by Chirobike

Just spent last night wiring up the beast. The derailleur housing is too short for internal routed cables so I had to ditch it for some Clark prelube housing but used it on the bars. The brake housing is very, very stiff. Cables are nice but I don't think any nicer than Gore. Brakes felt great considering I'm using some Egg brakes. Had to fabricate some noodles for my frame and housing issues.

We'll ride them this w/e and post some pics.

motorthings

by motorthings

anybody use these with EE brakes? i put the shift cables on a while ago and love them, but never installed the brake cables. i just put on some new EE brakes, and want the ultimate in feel, but am not sure how the stiffness of the housing works with these specific brakes.

sooni

by sooni

I am trying to install the reaction kit and have found that the brake cable housing is too thick for Ultegra 6700 brake system... Any suggestions?!?

sooni

by sooni

Never mind I just really had to jam it in there.

cabinhorn

by cabinhorn

The cablesets make a large difference (at least in the shift housing department) on frames with more complicated routing for example a Cervelo S2. You can feel the reduced friction just running the cables through the housing even before hooking it up. It finally gave me the shift performance that a 7900 group should be able to deliver. I work as a shop mechanic at a high end road store so we primarily deal with 10/11s systems, frames with internal routing of cables e.g madones/kestrels etc will benefit greatly from the sets. As will smaller size frames that force housing to do tight bends to get into the stops.

chickenkiev

by chickenkiev

feedback from the WW's seems pretty mixed so far,

is it worth using these cables with Campy 11 speed?

cabinhorn

by cabinhorn

chickenkiev wrote:feedback from the WW's seems pretty mixed so far,

is it worth using these cables with Campy 11 speed?

I don't think they make a campy compatible version.

boysa

by boysa

They make a Campagnolo version, just not one specifically designed for 11-Speed... yet.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

synchronicity

by synchronicity

We're making an 11 speed version but it won't be available until October 2010.
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

Sybarite

by Sybarite

motorthings wrote:anybody use these with EE brakes? i put the shift cables on a while ago and love them, but never installed the brake cables. i just put on some new EE brakes, and want the ultimate in feel, but am not sure how the stiffness of the housing works with these specific brakes.

Great with EEs, same modulation level, much more positive feel and power.

Gregorio

by Gregorio

The yoko shifter housing works with campag 11, but the brake housing is just too big diameter.

boysa

by boysa

Gregorio,

So nothing special needed to be done with the shifter housing? Is it a pretty simple install on 11-speed?
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com