Fizik Aliante

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

marko

by marko

Any feedback on this particular saddle appreciated. Is like all other thinly padded planks or is their anything special about it?

divve

by divve

Lots of fancy stuff going on in there :D
Attachments
sob.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rustychain

by rustychain

I find it comfortable. Perhaps a bit harder than my old flight but better shaped. I have the ti railed version. Hits my large frame sit bones right. My only grip is that the leather is paper thin and does not hold up well. Still lookin for that perfect saddle (on number nine now :roll: ) so if anyone can find me a light (250 grams or less) saddle that I can ride 5 hours on and will last more than six months please let me know.

bobalou

by bobalou

divve wrote:Lots of fancy stuff going on in there :D

Is that "galvanic corrosion" :lol: or .. what the heck did you do to your seat?

marko

by marko

Hey Rusty chain, how bout a flite. Weighs little and has alot of padding for the weight. I cyclocross on one and it holds up well. My gripe is that it can flimsy over time. I was looking at the Arione as everyone raves over it's comfort. I thought the Aliante might fit the comfort, but weighs alot less. Decisions, decisions.

divve

by divve

bobalou wrote:Is that "galvanic corrosion" :lol: or .. what the heck did you do to your seat?

I fell with it a while back. The carbon around one of the rear rail mounts got destroyed in the process. Considering it was hosed anyway, I thought it would be interesting to see what made it tick :lol:

I never really liked that saddle however. I think it's too soft and the pressure in the center area is too high for me. The latter seems to be a common trait amongst many Fizik saddles. My anatomy suits the SLR TransAm XP much better.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Best saddle ever. Lighter than a flite and "bollock friendly"!! Pity it costs so much, but you can't have everything.

hottessa

by hottessa

i have a ti railed and carbon railed. carbon is the most comfy. best saddle i have ever owned - the only saddle that i have never had saddle sores with
www.almendral.com - luxury road & mtb holidays

popawheelie

by popawheelie

I had the Aliante carbon and didn't fit it at all. It's a small saddle. Mostly because it is so short. The back of the saddle flairs up so I couldn't hang off the back. The middle of the saddle was lower and fairly soft. The nose was higher that the middle so perching on the nose gave me a small target.
This is my impresion. I like a straight back saddle so i can move forward and back on it. It helps me to have different positions on the saddle to give other areas of my bottom a break.
For me it's the same as moving your hands around on the bars to keep your hands from going numb.
I'd like to try the Arione. Long and straight backed with not too much spread in the back.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

smallfish101

by smallfish101

I have had two of them. First one very comfortable - 5 hrs no problems. I am heavy - 96 kg then - cracked a rail - they replaced it out of warranty no cost or question. ( I had the saddle racked very far back as the post had no setback ) Second is now 2 yrs old - love it, but I agree that the skin ( I have the blue artificial cover ) is thin - drop the bike and it's torn. I am down to a meagre 92 kgs now and no cracks or hassles ( new post ). Have no experience with other high end saddles - tried arione and aliante is better for me. All depends on the shape of yo' ass.
GO HARD OR GO HOME