Taiwan Cycle show

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
XL_Carbon

by XL_Carbon

The spokes on those Grammo rims look like they just came off of a turbine wind tunnel. But seriously, I'm really digging those white FSA (Plasmas??) handle bars sans the red. I love my black Plasmas even it's a heavy bar. Hmmmm...maybe a white bike, next project...hmmm.

by Weenie

Big Mig

by Big Mig

XL_Carbon wrote:The spokes on those Grammo rims look like they just came off of a turbine wind tunnel. But seriously, I'm really digging those white FSA (Plasmas??) handle bars sans the red. I love my black Plasmas even it's a heavy bar. Hmmmm...maybe a white bike, next project...hmmm.

everybody s doing white nowadays... but it still is sexy...

XL_Carbon

by XL_Carbon

Big Mig wrote:everybody s doing white nowadays... but it still is sexy...

Well, so true. But I think we go through color stages. At least I see this happening with me. Bikes in Black (matte/satin), Black(glossy)/Red, Black(glossy)/White, and now all White? Hmmm...you're right, it is sexy. And at least I have the matching kit which makes it a no brainer. :)

But wait! Reality kicks in...I look at my credit cards. Oh well, I can dream. LOL

Back to the topic...hmmm...I'm digging those Plamas in white.

SFcyclist

by SFcyclist

Those Grammo wheels look like they would be a handful in crosswinds :scared:

KB

by KB

Is it my imagination or have the levers been flattened slightly on the Dura Ace? There looks to be less of a curve than before.

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

SFcyclist wrote:Those Grammo wheels look like they would be a handful in crosswinds :scared:

they look like they cause crosswinds.

xpert

by xpert

Any other photos??

Big Mig

by Big Mig

DocRay wrote:
SFcyclist wrote:Those Grammo wheels look like they would be a handful in crosswinds :scared:

they look like they cause crosswinds.

here are some photos of the spokes... with the tensioner

xpert,

nothing really new from the show...seen most stuff during the Japan Cycle Mode... Eurobike will soon be around the corner...that thread will certainly be long... :lol: Japan had more weight weenie stuff displayed than in Taipei...

Big Mig

by Big Mig

The show was filled up with all the carbon TT frames... this was somehow a break from the norm....an aluminum Kinesis TT bike...and it looks really good..( the downtube is a bit far off from the front tire though.. )

johanfl

by johanfl

If you have any pics, please share them :-)

//Johan

sjors

by sjors

Hey i can't imagen that there aren't more pictures, there must be.
Last Year the internet was full off albums but i haven't seen so much this year. But i love it to see more photos. ( the photos out of the album you showed big mig, did I saw already)

So post more pictures pleade, and give links of forums where they heve pictures!
cycling is a passion

Big Mig

by Big Mig

sjors wrote:Hey i can't imagen that there aren't more pictures, there must be.
Last Year the internet was full off albums but i haven't seen so much this year. But i love it to see more photos. ( the photos out of the album you showed big mig, did I saw already)

So post more pictures pleade, and give links of forums where they heve pictures!

Honestly sjors, there wasnt really much to see. Taiwan is basically a brand to supplier kind of show..not much fanfare... there was more action at the Japan cycle mode even if the exhibition area was 1/4 the size than that of the Taipei show... will try to check more on my photos if there were something else interesting...

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Add to it that media get asked not to show a lot of what's shown... Lots of the stuff needs "north american or Eurobike launches. Lots of OEM deals get made...

Big Mig

by Big Mig

PezTech wrote:Add to it that media get asked not to show a lot of what's shown... Lots of the stuff needs "north american or Eurobike launches. Lots of OEM deals get made...

got that right pez...

I heard shimano showed something new to their distributors closed doors...never saw anything fancy in their exhibit except their xt line...

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

My camera wasn't handling the light conditions at all well so I don't have any photos. Nothing of great interest, 3T booth was quite nice and I had a chat with the engineer there who seemed very clued up.

Zipp windtunnel booth was the most creative. Schwalbe and San Marco have some nice stuff coming. Not many of the big brands had a strong presence though they did have people wandering around - saw Markus Storck, guys from Cannondale and ABG.

The most interesting news is the stuff from the shimano presentation or talks with SRAM and, as mentioned above, we can't talk about that.

Lots of melted looking tt bikes and plenty of generic carbon frames. I didn't get a chance to scour the booths for any ww gems.

Went off to a couple of factories after the show, oh how we laughed to see Pina Prince and Ferrari by Colnago at the painters. Had a tour of SRAM factory (one of them) - very slick production line and they certainly have a good handle on TQC and "just in time" - I think the fork polishing robots were the most impressive fixtures.

by Weenie