Titanium Plates for Speedplay, Good idea?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

Never got a response from anyone about it. I'm having them machined next week, would this be a product speedplay owners would buy? Any response much aprreciated, deciding if I should take prototype to interbike or not.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nikh

by nikh

In my opinion it would be a very trick add-on but perhaps a costly one?
Just thinking about your competition would they cost more than the B-T-P aluminium? And at the end of the day they are going to be heavier, but they should out live the aluminium which is a bonus, maybe beyond the life of the pedal perhaps?

Superlite

by Superlite

It would still save about 10-15g over the statndard steel plates. Cost may not be too bad, right now I'm looking at around 60-70 dollars per set, but would likely be less if I can sell enough, maybe down to 50. And yes, they would definitly outlast the pedal, and last about 100 time as long as the aluminum, so if you ride alot, the Ti plates would be a one time investment.

nikh

by nikh

It's a tough call imo. i think the market would be very small but then again everything is in the weight weenie world.

Superlite

by Superlite

PLEASE, EVERYONE GIVE ME YOUR INPUT! As of right now I only have one person interesred and potentially one small shop. The price of 6V/4Al titanium is very expensive, $419.23 for a square foot thats 1/8in thick, so I need to know if it's worth doing. ANY INPUT MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! :mrgreen:

by Guest

Where do you get theses?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

Try reading the post, you'd answer your own question.