Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kdawg

by kdawg

B0F77C75-21D7-4C78-ACDA-453CADAC5E13.jpeg
Halfway here! Started at the marker on the right, arrived in Dubai last night, me on the left.
I'm left handed, if that matters.

Jonolsson

by Jonolsson

kdawg wrote:
B0F77C75-21D7-4C78-ACDA-453CADAC5E13.jpeg
Halfway here! Started at the marker on the right, arrived in Dubai last night, me on the left.
3 days from dubai to my home in the basque country

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kdawg

by kdawg

Yeah, supposed to be Tuesday so they're still on schedule.

kdawg

by kdawg

Vaypor G double wide arrived right on schedule.

The synthetic material doesn't seem quite as nice as my Vaypor+ but the fit is good.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

kdawg wrote:Vaypor G double wide arrived right on schedule.

The synthetic material doesn't seem quite as nice as my Vaypor+ but the fit is good.
Nice! Happy feet = Happy ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoobydrew

by scoobydrew

Those look quite roomy and quite envious! It's been exactly 4 weeks since I placed my order, but it looks like it'll be worth it.

kdawg

by kdawg

Roomy depends on the shape of your feet!

They seem good though - the upper is quite stiff so a bit of break in will be required.

TQ1

by TQ1

Got my Vaypor S as well.

Not sure if it's just a very stiff upper or needs a heat moulding, I think tight uppers and a little around the arch could do to be reduced as it's a bit too supportive just a touch.

Hard to directly compare with a pair of shoes you've worn for 7 years and tens of thousands of km though.

TQ1

by TQ1

kdawg wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:16 pm
Roomy depends on the shape of your feet!

They seem good though - the upper is quite stiff so a bit of break in will be required.
I've noticed this with my S.

Mostly on the inside arch of my foot, don't really notice when seated pedalling easy but out the saddle definitely it's a tight spot.

I've only ridden ~30 minutes just tweaking the cleats but plan on slowly introducing them.

If it doesn't improve then I can try and heat mould them, but didn't have much give the first time, perhaps the stiff uppers weren't helping me!

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Got a pair of white Vaypor S Li2 yesterday. Fit is nice, but i'm suprised by the appearance. Maybe my expectation was off, but they feel kind of "cheap". The upper is stiff, glue is visible everywhere, some vent holes covered from the inside or not stamped through clean, liner of the tongue just cut off and no seam, etc.

My S-phyre for example have a much higher "build quality"

spud

by spud

^ true, they are never as nicely finished as stuff from Shimano or Sidi. But if they fit, they work well. I rode Vaypor+ for a while, but ultimately moved on because they don't ventilate very well, and on that particiular model, the heel rentention isn't very good. But man are they comfortable and uniquely supportive.

velov

by velov

eins4eins wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:32 pm
Got a pair of white Vaypor S Li2 yesterday. Fit is nice, but i'm suprised by the appearance. Maybe my expectation was off, but they feel kind of "cheap". The upper is stiff, glue is visible everywhere, some vent holes covered from the inside or not stamped through clean, liner of the tongue just cut off and no seam, etc.

My S-phyre for example have a much higher "build quality"
Ordered my pair today, knowing that the build is a bit agricultural...heart wants to wear beautiful Fizik Ventos, numb toes say Bont :(

TQ1

by TQ1

Absolutely no way in the world my shoes were moulding at 70c no matter how long I gave them in the oven. Went up to 80-85c for 30 minutes and still almost no perceivable give in them.

I'm using an in oven thermometer which I have checked against a calibrated one at 20c and 100c so know that's correct.

I also think they cool too quickly on removable to be of much use. After removal from the oven I used two pairs of socks and then hairdrier from range on the affected spots which has improved but not yet fully resolved. One shoe is just pinching on the inside where the upper meets the tub now I think and needs opening out a bit more.

Had to put wayyyyy more work into trying to make these work, my old ones (and an older pair of A-Three) were almost perfect straight out of the box.

m3bas

by m3bas

TQ1 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:51 pm
Absolutely no way in the world my shoes were moulding at 70c no matter how long I gave them in the oven. Went up to 80-85c for 30 minutes and still almost no perceivable give in them.

I'm using an in oven thermometer which I have checked against a calibrated one at 20c and 100c so know that's correct.

I also think they cool too quickly on removable to be of much use. After removal from the oven I used two pairs of socks and then hairdrier from range on the affected spots which has improved but not yet fully resolved. One shoe is just pinching on the inside where the upper meets the tub now I think and needs opening out a bit more.

Had to put wayyyyy more work into trying to make these work, my old ones (and an older pair of A-Three) were almost perfect straight out of the box.
100 for 5- 10 minutes. They do nothing at 70...

alanyu

by alanyu

TQ1 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:51 pm

A heatgun set to 120-140 C at 5-10 cm is easier to deal with Bont.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com