Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

orbicek

by orbicek

So I have first ride - quite extraordinary feeling of having too much room around fingers, it is like constant feeling you will slip out of the shoes, but it never happens since the heel cup keeps the heel in place. Also teh arch support is quite noticeable, but not in the wrong way. Will see with longer rides

kdawg

by kdawg

glepore wrote:Really easy to do-I did it when I was running Bebops as they're not drilled for 2 hole cleats. Put a cleat bolt partway in to the existing t nut, tap it, and the nut comes out. Or just buy new ones and leave the old ones in place. I reused mine after drilling.

Thanks, it was just as easy as you said. Knocking them out was a cinch - measured the diameter of the t-nut - just over 6mm so used a new 6mm drill bit and moved the holes down about 10mm - you probably don't want to go any less as you'd be quite near the old holes. The sole is quite thick so it takes a little time - the hardest thing was not going right through the other side of the shoe once you're through the sole. To prevent that I took my time and put a sponge in the shoe which caught the tip of the bit.

A few pictures of the process if anyone's interested. You can see that I didn't manage to get them perfectly below the other holes but obviously your cleats give some tolerance so it doesn't matter. I was going to fill the old holes but they are covered by the cleat so I haven't bothered. I have some black silicon if I need to. I put the shoes on a towel for padding and so they wouldn't slip.

I used tape so I could mark on it and to give a little grip to get the drill started. Here I've already knocked out the top t-nut.

All 3 holes drilled and top t-nut now in the lower hole.

And the finished item - comparing it to the other shoe.

(and yes, my cleats are getting a bit beat up - new bike and pedals soon so I'll be changing them!)
I'm left handed, if that matters.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rone69

by Rone69

Hello everyone
I'm on the market for a new shoes and I think Vaypor+20016 can be good for me.
Since I've several foot problem/pain and my feet are very wide, and the arch it's quite builky, I'd like to have little help from you.
Since I live in Italy and probably I willl pay some extra Tax/fee/wat for the importation, the choice of size will be more important.
I need a good ventilation, specially in summer, the Bont's sizing tool's suggest me to go 45 wide, but I'm afraid it's too long.
Vaypo+2016 have a good ventilation?

What do you think about ??

Thank in advice for you suggestion.
Attachments
Piede Ritiagliata Rid2.jpg

pastronef

by pastronef

looking to buy some white dials for my Vaypor+

I have black ATOP dials (one big, one smaller)

would Boa dials fit?

thanks

TonyM

by TonyM

I would also like to change mine from black to white in my Vaypor+ :wink: I am waiting for the answer from Bont :arrow:

jlok

by jlok

How do you "maintain" the Vaypor+ 2016 leather surface? Do you use leather cream like this -> https://www.collonil.com/en/waterstop-classic-3177.html?

I may wear this pair of shoes going for multiday bike trip, and I think it may rain one or two days... Newspaper "treatment" after a day in the rain?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

jlok

by jlok

Rone69 wrote:Hello everyone
I'm on the market for a new shoes and I think Vaypor+20016 can be good for me.
Since I've several foot problem/pain and my feet are very wide, and the arch it's quite builky, I'd like to have little help from you.
Since I live in Italy and probably I willl pay some extra Tax/fee/wat for the importation, the choice of size will be more important.
I need a good ventilation, specially in summer, the Bont's sizing tool's suggest me to go 45 wide, but I'm afraid it's too long.
Vaypo+2016 have a good ventilation?

What do you think about ??

Thank in advice for you suggestion.

My foot are 278 x 111/115 and got 45 wide. Width is fit while length is maybe about 5-10mm longer. I can slip my middle finger at the back of the heel.

I came from a Riot+ 44.5 Asian Fit (wide and low volume) and it didn't fit me too well (not wide enough).

Hope it helps.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

beatle

by beatle

Update: after a couple thousand miles or so, the Bont zero + are the best shoe I have owned by a long shot.

Bondurant

by Bondurant

Has anyone bought the Riot Plus shoe and can compare whether the last / fit is more like Vaypor S or Blitz?

Ltyarbro42

by Ltyarbro42

Bondurant wrote:Has anyone bought the Riot Plus shoe and can compare whether the last / fit is more like Vaypor S or Blitz?

I have to new Riot plus and it is a little different compared to my old Riot's. Fit around the toebox is about the same-- if not a little more room-- and the length is near identical. They have, however, added more volume to the shoes and now my skinny feet required a little more help. I used both insoles (old and new) to get the fit I wanted and even then I have to really crank down the BOAs.

Bondurant

by Bondurant

Thanks. I've got a pair of Vaypor S and a pair of Blitz, they are the only ones I have experience of. Hoping that the Riot Plus are more like the former as they fit me like a glove.

elzilcho

by elzilcho

I'm currently using the Vaypor S but had to size down from my old original Riots. I'm looking at new MTB/Gravel shoes and asked Bont what size I would order in the new Riot MTB+ and was told they are the same last as the Vaypor S, so order the same size.

Bondurant

by Bondurant

Excellent. Thanks for that.

Antoine

by Antoine

Bondurant wrote:Thanks. I've got a pair of Vaypor S and a pair of Blitz, they are the only ones I have experience of. Hoping that the Riot Plus are more like the former as they fit me like a glove.

Could you tell the differences between the Vaypor S and the Blitz ? I'm happy with my Blits but wonder if the Vaypor would be better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bondurant

by Bondurant

Yes, they feel very different. In particular the Blitz feel a little lower and narrower in the mid to rear of the foot. Not as secure around the heel.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk