KCNC Dual Pivot Brakes

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

ridley86

by ridley86

can the quick release left away if you're riding campa ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

If the price will be confirmer, it will be a very interesting product!

ericm

by ericm

Dual-pivot, a real multi-position QR, an adjuster that can be operated while riding, and light weight: yow!

I think I'll be buying a set.

tochnics

by tochnics

no info on the kcnc website yet

i was killing myself to save up some money for some negative g brakes voor my force shifters
but it seems like i can save some money and weight if i go kcnc

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

Sorry I can't give too much info today as I don't have enough miles on them to really know what I think.

I will say that it's not a typical dual pivot design. One arm has a stem that sits in another channel on the 2nd arm so that arms cannot move independently. This seems to keep the arms moving equally on both sides as you apply the brake.

I'll get a full review up on Thursday or Friday of this week(I'm still trying them with different wheels and braking surfaces).

Since it's the off-season and team sponsors are being lax Phil Zajicek is having a set put on his race bike this week, so I look forward to getting some good feedback from him.

Here's a couple of pics for now.
Attachments
kcbrake3.jpg
kcbrake2.jpg
kcbrake1.jpg

ridley86

by ridley86

ridley86 wrote:can the quick release left away if you're riding campa ?

can you anwser this question madcow. I realy don't like the look of that qr and don't see the point while riding campa

HanSolo

by HanSolo

Madcow,

I for one would be very interested in your review, as you have had experience with other lightweight brakes and your reviews tend to be more impartial than others. Let us know how these brake with alloy and CF rims in different riding conditions and if possible during wet conditions.

If these brake like my DA, I'll be the first to get a set, assuming that FWB will be the first to carry them.
Everything can be drilled, except tires.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

ridley86 wrote:
ridley86 wrote:can the quick release left away if you're riding campa ?

can you anwser this question madcow. I realy don't like the look of that qr and don't see the point while riding campa

It could be possible but would require some machining to make a substitute. The pinchbolt mounts directly to the QR, so removing the QR would require a new way to mount the pinch bolt.

HanSolo wrote:Madcow,

I for one would be very interested in your review, as you have had experience with other lightweight brakes and your reviews tend to be more impartial than others. Let us know how these brake with alloy and CF rims in different riding conditions and if possible during wet conditions.

If these brake like my DA, I'll be the first to get a set, assuming that FWB will be the first to carry them.
That's what I'm working on. However this being the desert don't expect me to do a wet test until monsoon season next summer(it probably will only rain once in the next 4 months)

xpert

by xpert

@madcow

Send them to me i can test them in rain :P when it rains in Cyprus ... probably in December , summer 12 months here !

Dalai

by Dalai

Once again Madcow comes up with the goods. :D

I too look forward to your reviews also.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

I finally had enough miles on them to finish my review. Included brakes: Ax Orion, Kcnc, M5, Negative gravity and Zero gravity.

Sorry I couldn't find what I did with my frm brakes.

You can find the review here: http://fairwheelbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4289

Theros

by Theros

Cool review madcow! Nicely written.

I'm not sure about the overall rating though, because each brake has his own target group with certain wishes and things they don't mind. The test criteria are fine though, just think that every user/buyer has his own opinion on what criteria are important and what not.
Edit: Whoops, I saw you already mentioned this, sorry didn't read carefully enough.

Have you weighed the brakes with pads & holders btw? Very curious about that!

scott97

by scott97

Great review.

When will FWB have the KCNC's in stock?

GrahamB

by GrahamB

Excellent, fair review.

I want some :lol:
Graham

ferrarista

by ferrarista

very nice review madcow. I think i'm gonnna go for some kcnc in the future polished of course.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com