These tires worth the money?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
andysklein14

by andysklein14

they are very light and the psi these tires can take are among the highest ,but along with those features you can use the sealant whitch works great because at those prices .....

uphillisgood

by uphillisgood

I have run the Tufo Elite Road (23mm) tires and really like them.

The problem was that with only about 200mi on them, I rode over something that cut both tires... substantially.

Not only were both tires trash, (as would have been any clinchers as well), but I was stuck and had to call someone to get picked up. If I'd had clinchers on, I probably could've put a boot of some sort in each tire and made it back home.

I have a new set of Tufos hanging in my garage... but haven't gotten up the courage to run them yet. :)

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

I've got those tires on my old tubular race wheels. NEver had any issues, haven't punctured them. Tread seems to last pretty well, but again, these were race only.

Samu Ilonen

by Samu Ilonen

I have few Tufo <215. (16 pieces) They all were 210-216g. They seem to last riding like doulbe comparing Vittoria Evo's and are very durable. Good puncture protection. Grip is not good as Vittoria but they don't scary me. Actually you can feel difference in acceration when I change From Tufo to Vittoria in my lightwight's. Tufo's accerate faster but on Tour mag, they said that rolling resistance is +30% and that counts like ~2km/h when riding 40km/h. Think about time trialing with that...I couldn't see that on real life anyway...so I think I stick with Tufo's. I may put some "faster" tubular to my disk anyway. Veloflex or something like that may be nice but I fide a lot with disk and Tufo's are only 30€....I have winter time to think that.

JTC

by JTC

they are very light and the psi these tires can take are among the highest ,but along with those features you can use the sealant whitch works great because at those prices .....

Try www.sdeals.com. Much cheaper from them.