Handmade bikes you have to discover!

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
OLver

by OLver

Here is to link for the 2005 Guru bikes' catalogue.
all the bikes are designed, handcrafted/made and built in Montréal, Québec, Canada.

see the Crono! gorgeous!

http://www.gurubikes.com/gurubikescatalog2005.pdf

Dellucci

by Dellucci

Hey Olver this is very nice, what will it cost.........?
ciao

ms6073

by ms6073

OLver wrote:All the bikes are designed, handcrafted/made and built in Montréal, Québec, Canada.

Actually although the bike may be assembled in Canada, I feel pretty confident that the frame set for the Guru Crono is actually made at the same production facilities that manufacture the Kuota Kalibur and Kestrel Talon (maybe even Isaac Joule) somewhere in Tiawan or Malaysia!
Michael - The Anaerobic Threshold is neither...

nicrump

by nicrump

ms6073 wrote:
OLver wrote:All the bikes are designed, handcrafted/made and built in Montréal, Québec, Canada.

Actually although the bike may be assembled in Canada, I feel pretty confident that the frame set for the Guru Crono is actually made at the same production facilities that manufacture the Kuota Kalibur and Kestrel Talon (maybe even Isaac Joule) somewhere in Tiawan or Malaysia!

OLver might be correct on this one. I had extensive discussion with the production manager at intrbike last year. Our discussion of the pains of carbon production lead me to believe they were doing the fab in his Canada factory.

Although you never know when something gt perfected, its easliy moved to an Asian facility to reduce cost.

OLver

by OLver

ALL Guru bikes are made in Québec, Canada.

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

Gurus are pretty nice bikes, I first saw them in person a few years ago down at Schwab Cycles. People forget there are some pretty good builders up in Canada.