light bolts supplier

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
popawheelie

by popawheelie

I lost the suppliers of light bolts that have been posted here. I have a hard time doing searchs. Can someone help? I'm looking for alloy bolts for the cable on the derraileur.

jer

by jer

The guy at redmist fasteners has been very helpful to me and the prices seem OK, but i didn't really shop around.

http://titaniumfasteners.com/shop

nikh

by nikh

Don't forget the WW FAQ (see above). It lists a few bolt suppliers.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

Tippster

by Tippster

I ordered from redmist twice now.

Great service and their prices were great too.

I'm based in the UK.

only $5 to post from US to the UK!

doozer

by doozer

this sounds cool.. I've been looking to upgrade the bolts in my FRM webstem for a while now to titanium.. heard a few stories about the ones supplied (aluminium i think) breaking so I don't mind a miniscule weight penalty to prevent me hitting the deck and stopping myself with my face :shock:

what other bolts on my bike can be lightened? e.g. steel to aluminium or Ti?? alrady got alu bottle boss bolts..

thanks, doozer :mrgreen:
Dance you cares away, worries for another day, dance your cares away, down at fragglerock.

doozer

by doozer

Joel wrote:http://weightweenies.starbike.com/articles.php?ID=16

Enjoy :wink:

Ta Joel

Dooz
Dance you cares away, worries for another day, dance your cares away, down at fragglerock.

popawheelie

by popawheelie

When I go to redmist I can't get a pic of the product. I like to see what I'm getting. Am I doing something wrong? Racebolts LLC has pics. Is thier service decent?

jeremyb

by jeremyb

popawheelie wrote:When I go to redmist I can't get a pic of the product. I like to see what I'm getting. Am I doing something wrong? Racebolts LLC has pics. Is thier service decent?

yes this is why i shop at racebolts.com -----pictures! Redmist take more pictures, how hard is that?

I've ordered from racebolts about 4 times in the last 2 months--very happy customer.

jeremyb

Smahatma

by Smahatma

popawheelie

by popawheelie

I just bought some stuff from SRP and found the service not so good. All I wanted was two alloy crank bolts but they have a minimum order of $20. Then they charged me something like $14 to ship it to me in a bubble wrap envelope. $ 35 for two alloy bolts and I live in the US!

nikh

by nikh

popawheelie wrote:I just bought some stuff from SRP and found the service not so good. All I wanted was two alloy crank bolts but they have a minimum order of $20. Then they charged me something like $14 to ship it to me in a bubble wrap envelope. $ 35 for two alloy bolts and I live in the US!

I've experienced the same thing. They won't even answer their emails.

I try to use Cambria bike for SRP bolts.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

danielgillett

by danielgillett

Tiso make some very light bolts. I use their entire range(stem, h/bar, headset cap, crankset, chainring etc.)

They are of very high quality, and don't rust (unlike my Record one's). They are also very cheap.

www.tisobike.com