Scott CR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

sharkman wrote:The paint indeed chips off easy but reapairing is so easy. Teammate got some deep scratches on his frame. I sandpapered it and spraYed a new layer of clear coate on the chainstay and it from new.

Hey me being a dummy on recoating what kind of clearcoat spray was that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maui Mike

by Maui Mike

Want to purchase a Scott CR1 frameset. Who has the best deal? I live in florida. Is purchasing overseas and getting shipped to US cheaper?
Help!!!
Maui Mike

spytech

by spytech

just saw the scott cr1 team issue frame for the first time. my lbs has it in display in med. i must say i am impressed with the frame. only thing i am debating is which size to get.

any thoughts on size and fit? right now i am using a giant med. 55.5 top tube w/130 stem, the cr1 large is a 56 i would use a 120 stem or an XL which is 57.5, and a 105 syntace stem. any opinions?

what is the head tubes height, on the scott cr1 l and xl frames?

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

I think you'd better take size L
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

divve

by divve

I also suggest you find out what the seat tube angle of the Scott is as well. If it's steeper than your Giant it will effectively increase the top tube length. As a result your saddle will have to be set farther back. Conversely a slacker seat tube compared to your current set-up will require a more forward saddle position in order to maintain the same pedal to knee/leg relation and shorten the effective top tube length.

spytech

by spytech

asphaltdude wrote:I think you'd better take size L
why the large over the XL

the seat angles are 73.5 (large) 73.3 (XL) on the scott. and 73.5 in my giant frame.

i am still unsure. the Xl scott frame has a 57.5 cm top tube, it would be the same length with a 105mm stem as a 56 cm top tube frame with a 120mm stem. i could use a shorter seatpost, but i still dont know the height of the head tube, i would like to know this; because it might make my bars too high in a Xlarge frame size.

now are their advantages from using a smaller frame and longer stem?

Bruiser

by Bruiser

There would be weight advantages, but I'd guess the handling woul be more important than a few grams. Pends what you want in a frame.

cadence90

by cadence90

"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

Wa ?

Honestly i like guys over at pez but the reviews are just.... turd.

cadence90

by cadence90

Tim the Pineapple wrote:

Wa ?

Wawa. :)
Yes, their "reviews" are badly written and all they do is gush, but it has different photos than the standard full side view, that's all. And so many folks on this forum seem in love with the bike....
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Tim the Pineapple

by Tim the Pineapple

cadence90 wrote:
Tim the Pineapple wrote:

Wa ?

Wawa. :)
Yes, their "reviews" are badly written and all they do is gush, but it has different photos than the standard full side view, that's all. And so many folks on this forum seem in love with the bike....

Just had a chicken sandwhich and coffee from Wawa :)

Im wondering if there are any other (no crappy) reviews for the cr1; everyone here seem to like it but i don't buy it.

bobalou

by bobalou

The procycling report quotes the Scott stock fork weight at 290.

If you look earlier in this thread, velocity posted a pick of the fork weighing in at 446g!! That's a significant difference!

I've rarely seen anything negative about a scott but this weight difference would tick me off if I'd bought the frame. I wonder if the 290g is what Scott quotes or if procycling just plain got it wrong?

Superlite

by Superlite

I've rarely seen anything negative about a scott but this weight difference would tick me off if I'd bought the frame. I wonder if the 290g is what Scott quotes or if procycling just plain got it wrong?

You forget, Scott offers two different forks with the frameset. The standard is the aero fork, that's what weighs 440g. The Other fork is the Superlite model, made for 150lbs or under, and it weighs 290g.

divve

by divve

They show and describe the aero fork and state it's 290g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

They show and describe the aero fork and state it's 290g.

Obviously they messed up.