OT: Shorter iPod earbuds...........

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

STARNUT

by STARNUT

I can't stand it anymore..............The wires on my iPod are way to long; its driving me crazy. Does anyone make earbuds with shorter wires.....?

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VVV

by VVV

STARNUT wrote:I can't stand it anymore..............The wires on my iPod are way to long; its driving me crazy. Does anyone make earbuds with shorter wires.....?

Starnut

I think a lot of sony earbuds come with shorter wires, but not sure. I just wrap the wires around the ipod before I put it in my pocket, which seems to workwell enough most of the time.

rustychain

by rustychain

I use the armband and so to shorten the wires I just use a twist tie. Cheap and works and you can still use the same headphones with the ipod in your walking down the street

F1_Fan

by F1_Fan

Twist-tie. Problem solved.

rebizap

by rebizap

Sony makes the best ear buds for a reasonable price.
I have the model
MDR-EX71

They have a silicone bud that goes in to your ear like an earplug. Very secure and cuts out background noise.

about 50 Usd and worth every penny

Want the best of the best check out a company called

ultimate ears

prices starting at 500 usd

peterpen

by peterpen

The ear buds that came with my iPod Shuffle are shorter.
Same crappy sound, though. :evil: I need to get a set of the Shure E2C, though it'll be a bit funny having ear buds more expensive than the player. Love the Shuffle, though - talk about true WW equipment. :thumbup:

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

I've always been reluctant to use earplug-style headphones while riding because I want to hear drivers creeping up from behind. However, I commute daily on my bike and I'm interested in giving these a try:

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/slipstreamz-hear-music-and-traffic-at-the-same-time-186821.php

They look cheap and cheerful; I'm eager to learn whether they work. I'd like to be able to listen to the radio and hear traffic at the same time. Anyone have any experience with these?

Cheers,

Jason

swinter

by swinter

peterpen wrote:The ear buds that came with my iPod Shuffle are shorter.
Same crappy sound, though. :evil: I need to get a set of the Shure E2C, though it'll be a bit funny having ear buds more expensive than the player. Love the Shuffle, though - talk about true WW equipment. :thumbup:

I have the Shure EC3 and bought the EC2 for my son for his iPod. All money well spent: It'll improve the quality of whatever you are playing (CD player, iPod or other MP3 player) by several 100%.

Spending more on the earbuds than the player makes perfect sense: The player just processes digital info, the earbuds have to turn that back into analog audio waves. (The old rule of thumb on buying a stereo system was, for much the same reason, that the speakers should get about half your budget.)
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

swinter wrote:
Spending more on the earbuds than the player makes perfect sense: The player just processes digital info, the earbuds have to turn that back into analog audio waves. (The old rule of thumb on buying a stereo system was, for much the same reason, that the speakers should get about half your budget.)

Swinter, I agree with you that spending a lot of money on earbuds makes sense, but the audio signal from the player already has the form of analog waves when it gets to the earbuds--the D/A converter lives in your iPod, not your earbuds.

Still the gist of what you say is absolutely applicable. I'll bet everyone knew what you meant.

Cheers,

Jason

swinter

by swinter

I should have left out the word "analog" in that sentence: It's the earbud or speakers that turn the electrical signal into sound waves.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Way OT, therefore Locked
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!