Fuji Team Issue Frameset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

micky

by micky

As by subject, is it any good?

I got a friend of mine who perhaps can bring it to Europe on her next trip, and as I found a very interesting deal in USA online shop, wanted to know if any guy in WW can tell me more about it.

Thanks in advance :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I think that the team issue has changed a lot through the years. You might want to check out the year on the frame in question.

micky

by micky

Thanks for the info.

The model is a 2005.

BMOLLOY

by BMOLLOY

I have a friend who rides the Fuji 2005 team issue 61 cm carbon frame. He is 6 foot 5, 240 lbs and strong as hell (not a fat guy, a big guy). When he switched to this bike his speed picked up immediately, it was a huge improvement over his aluminum Trek. The bike is really stiff and he is very happy with it. He has it equiped with mostly dura ace and some ultegra and it weighs in below 17 pounds, not bad for a 61 cm frame with no WW parts at all (after all, what is the point when you weigh 240?) The finish is very nice, the carbon weave is very large like the Scott and looks very good. I think the bike is a great bang for the buck.

ctkrohn

by ctkrohn

I ride a 2006 Fuji Team Issue with the Euro parts kit. I love the frame -- it's quite stiff, and rides very smoothly. Much stiffer than my old aluminum Fuji Team, which wasn't a flexy frame either. If you can get a good deal, I'd pick it up.

bigdan

by bigdan

I've ridden one only around a parking lot, but I too have a friend who is about the same weight as I am (195lbs) and he found it plenty stiff and also gives a nice ride. I have always liked the Fujis because they don't use a top layer of carbon fiber (like other companies do). What you see is the true weave of the carbon. Doesn't save that much weight, but every little bit counts right? BTW, I spoke to a Fuji rep one day and asked him why the Fuji's and Scotts look so similar. He said that their engineers left Fuji a couple years ago to work for Scott and that's why the frames look alike. Whatever the reason, the Fuji is a great frame at a great price--good bang for the buck.

jersievers

by jersievers

The same frame the womens neuremburg(sp?) team was using and the subway team in the us. It was our local team bike the last 2 years. Pretty light and fast, plenty stiff. Handles well in corners...we do alot of Crits around here. Trained and raced on a 2005 pro (same frame) held up well. The 2006 pro is not the same at the Team Issue, But the 2006, 2005 team issue and 2005 pro are the same frames. C7 frame with wide weave. There were some issues with the seat clamp area on some of the pros from that year, but the team issues had no problems. My 54 weighs 1050gms.

JTC

by JTC

I spoke to a Fuji rep one day and asked him why the Fuji's and Scotts look so similar. He said that their engineers left Fuji a couple years ago to work for Scott and that's why the frames look alike.

I was thinking that the Fuji carbon frame was the same frame as the older version of Scott before they swithched manf. facilities or something like that. In other words the Fuji is the same frame as previous models of Scott. There was some discussion about this a while back and I think that was the concensus.

jersievers

by jersievers

bigdan wrote:BTW, I spoke to a Fuji rep one day and asked him why the Fuji's and Scotts look so similar. He said that their engineers left Fuji a couple years ago to work for Scott and that's why the frames look alike.

I can't believe this...the scott came out two years before the fuji carbon. The 2005 fuji was their first full carbon. 2003 was the introduction year for the CR1. They are similar, but I think that could be more a case that they came out of the same factory and the maufacturer "helped" out a little too much with the engineering. Either way 2 years would be plety of time for Fuji to make a bike that looked like the CR1.

I trust bike reps about as far as I can throw them. Sorry if anyone on here does this, but the reps we delt with tell us all sorts of junk that in "insider" trash that is way off...they just want to you pre order another 30 bikes. or shoes or skates what ever, they are just door to door sales persons.

bigdan

by bigdan

jersievers wrote:I trust bike reps about as far as I can throw them. Sorry if anyone on here does this, but the reps we delt with tell us all sorts of junk that in "insider" trash that is way off...they just want to you pre order another 30 bikes. or shoes or skates what ever, they are just door to door sales persons.

Yeah, that's true. Regardless of who designed them or what factory the came out of, the Fuji and the Scott look similar, but keep in mind that Giant and Specialized bikes come out of the same factory in Taiwan and they have nothing in common. I guess I'm contradicting my previous post and getting a little OT at the same time, but the issue of who designed it and where it came from does not detract from the fact that the Fuji is a great bike.

micky

by micky

Thanks to all for the good info! :D

I found the frame in this site http://www.aroadbike4u.com/inc/sdetail/762

To tell the truth the paint scheme is not that temptive to me, but as the price looks so good and if the frame is worth it..

Anyway I've to hear if my friend can help me first! :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jersievers

by jersievers

Yep I agree, regardless of who designed it, great bike.

One note, it comes with a huge top cap/spacer. Look for a different one or order a fsa. Most of us didn't need the huge spacer. But if you do, well adds to the stiffness.

Mine has been put on the shelf, 1st I drove into the garage with on rack and broke the fork, then few months later I dropped an hammer off a pretty high shelf in basement onto the top tube. :cry: It was a sad, sad day.