qsi-specialized

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
User avatar
jerk
in the industry
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:05 am
Location: boston usa
Contact:

by jerk

they'll be on specializeds next year. trust the jerk. time sold the rights to specialized after the cannondale deal fell through due to qsi decision not to give cannondale jersey space....

in todays day and age one can only assume that the qsi boys will be riding stock specializeds due to the bizare shape of specialized's carbon top of the line framesets. the days of cipo riding one off custom bikes with specialized decals will be over if the brains in morgan hill have any sense.

the jerk's guess is that given qsi's disdain for races against the clock, specialized will also be providing actual tt bikes to a protour team rather than decal transfer kits to walser.

jerk

(if boonen needed a special vxrs, just imagine how excited he'll be with a stock specialized tarmac.)
the jerk is always right!
the jerk thinks your stem is too short!

awesometown
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:26 pm

by awesometown

jerk wrote:they'll be on specializeds next year. trust the jerk. time sold the rights to specialized after the cannondale deal fell through due to qsi decision not to give cannondale jersey space....

in todays day and age one can only assume that the qsi boys will be riding stock specializeds due to the bizare shape of specialized's carbon top of the line framesets. the days of cipo riding one off custom bikes with specialized decals will be over if the brains in morgan hill have any sense.

the jerk's guess is that given qsi's disdain for races against the clock, specialized will also be providing actual tt bikes to a protour team rather than decal transfer kits to walser.

jerk

(if boonen needed a special vxrs, just imagine how excited he'll be with a stock specialized tarmac.)



And you base this one what? Besides an annoying internet character you have developed for yourself that speaks in third person?

Let it be heard right now, I have it from a very good source that Lampre will be riding those GMC branded "road bikes" you can buy at wal mart for $160

User avatar
jerk
in the industry
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:05 am
Location: boston usa
Contact:

by jerk

wow-

sorry to piss off the guy with 23 posts. if you don't want these opinions don't bother to read them and don't reply to them bumping the post.

where did this "rumour" come from? sources at time and specialized and quick step.

good enough bub?

jerk
the jerk is always right!
the jerk thinks your stem is too short!

cyclenutnz
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:18 am
Location: Cambridge, New Zealand
Contact:

by cyclenutnz

My understanding is that specialized were pretty convinced they had QSI.

THe shape isn't a problem - the tarmac SL is made in much the same manner as Rue and Crumptons bikes - article I read said that the tubes were formed, glued then overwrapped for strength - makes it easy to reinforce a frame until it's strong enough for him.

I'd be pretty surprised to see them on transitions for tts though - maybe the custom alloy frames (that super mario and peter reid had) will come out there.

awesometown
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:26 pm

by awesometown

jerk wrote:wow-

sorry to piss off the guy with 23 posts. if you don't want these opinions don't bother to read them and don't reply to them bumping the post.

where did this "rumour" come from? sources at time and specialized and quick step.

good enough bub?

jerk


Well you, I hate to pee on a pillar of truth such as the internet, where people spend all day claim that an inside source told them blah blah blah...

And what does having X number of post have to do with anything? Is my word any less valuable because I don't spend all my time on WW. Fine, sure you are a bigger nerd than I am...here you go, here's your crown... :roll:

VVV
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 2:14 pm

by VVV

awesometown wrote:
jerk wrote:wow-

sorry to piss off the guy with 23 posts. if you don't want these opinions don't bother to read them and don't reply to them bumping the post.

where did this "rumour" come from? sources at time and specialized and quick step.

good enough bub?

jerk



And what does having X number of post have to do with anything? Is my word any less valuable because I don't spend all my time on WW. Fine, sure you are a bigger nerd than I am...here you go, here's your crown... :roll:


Are you more willing to trust someone you just met, or someone that has been right, and proven themselves over time?

awesometown
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:26 pm

by awesometown

VVV wrote:Are you more willing to trust someone you just met, or someone that has been right, and proven themselves over time?


Wait, wait, are we still talking about a cycling message board here? And frankly, since I have "just met" the jerk...why should I trust what he says anymore than he should trust me?

User avatar
jerk
in the industry
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:05 am
Location: boston usa
Contact:

by jerk

hey-

if it happens the jerk was right.

if it doesn't the jerk was wrong.

(usually) the jerk is always right though.

jerk

p.s. awesometown-the jerk trusts you implicitly.
the jerk is always right!
the jerk thinks your stem is too short!

VVV
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 2:14 pm

by VVV

awesometown wrote:
VVV wrote:Are you more willing to trust someone you just met, or someone that has been right, and proven themselves over time?


Wait, wait, are we still talking about a cycling message board here? And frankly, since I have "just met" the jerk...why should I trust what he says anymore than he should trust me?


It was a analogous situation, I'm sure that you some how caught on to that.

User avatar
STARNUT
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:43 am
Location: Hilly, Hot, and Windy

by STARNUT

jerk wrote:wow-

sorry to piss off the guy with 23 posts. if you don't want these opinions don't bother to read them and don't reply to them bumping the post.

where did this "rumour" come from? sources at time and specialized and quick step.

good enough bub?

jerk


nice. not to worry jerk, awesometown in a hater who thinks euro frames are over priced and don't offer anything other than pretty paint. Those in the know, know that the jerk has "connections" to the norther euro pro scene and knows many in the community in europe.

I with you man, you've never lied to us before, why start. Of the three "american" brands I'd much perfer qsi to be on a tarmac than the other two.

Awesometown, you can bitch and moan all you want, after you contribute some meanigful infomation to the board (all sarcasim aside, I sure you have something to contribute to the board). Showing up and being a sceptic all the time makes you look like a troll looking to pic a fight. The Jerk may have created a persona that speaks in the thrid person but he has been free of transgrestions in the past. He has contributed a lot to the board, even in the third person. The number of posts does have something to do with it. Attacking people like Lance/GdT and the Jerk make you look like a troll. We are always glad to have new board members around..................

For godsake, read his sig :lol:. One thing the jerk will say about the new pro qsi bikes....................the stems are to short :lol:

Starnut
Last edited by STARNUT on Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

awesometown
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:26 pm

by awesometown

STARNUT wrote:nice. not to worry jerk, awesometown in a hater who thinks euro frames are over priced and don't offer anything other than pretty paint. Those in the know, know that the jerk has "connections" to the norther euro pro scene and knows many in the community in europe.

I with you man, you've never lied to us before, why start. Of the three "american" brands I'd much perfer qsi to be on a tarmac than the other two.

Awesometown, you can bitch and moan all you want, after you contribute some meanigful infomation to the board (all sarcasim aside, I sure you have something to contribute to the board). Showing up and being a sceptic all the time makes you look like a troll looking to pic a fight. The Jerk may have created a persona that speaks in the thrid person but he has been free of transgrestions in the past. He has contributed a lot to the board, even in the third person. The number of posts does have something to do with it. Attacking people like Lance/GdT and the Jerk make you look like a troll. We are always glad to have new board members around..................

Starnut


Wow....all hail popular opinion.

I don't think that "italian frames" offer nothing beyond a nice paint job, nor is that really the point. What I assume you are refering to is the fact that unlike certain people around here, everytime colnago spits out a new design with no explination behind it I don't bow down before it... my number of posts has nothing to do with anything beyond a measurement of how much time I spend in front of the computer.

As I said in regards to Gdt, it takes more than a paint job (ha, see, I hate paint jobs!!) or custom leather wrapped saddles to make spending top dollar on a bike worth it...not that there was no point to it.

Who can argue that the colnago C40 was not one of the most consistantly successful designs in terms of build quality and race results over the past decade? Certainly not I...but what I can say is that we shouldn't just expect everything that comes from them to be some amazing, ground breaking new thing...paint job aside.

I am going to "attack" any one I please, because it seems thats the only thing I can do besides post in agreement.

User avatar
STARNUT
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:43 am
Location: Hilly, Hot, and Windy

by STARNUT

awesometown wrote:I am going to "attack" any one I please, because it seems thats the only thing I can do besides post in agreement.


Who pooped in your cornflakes?

I disagree with you that it takes more than flashy paint and pretty graphics to make a high end bike. Having ridden a temple I can tell you that it is more than paint, custom leather saddles, and graphics. There is a certain number of people that need a bike that is different from everyone elses, Lance fills the niche'. Does it ride better than a lightspeed? yes. Is it worth a more, I don't know, to some it is. In the end a custom Temple in no more expensive than a custom Lightspeed, De Rosa XS Ti, Seven, Merlin, Colnago, or anything else. Placeing your own value judgment and looking down your nose at others who don't fall in line is a bit narrow in view. Or am I wrong?

Its not a circle jerk around here, there are as many differing opinions as there are members. It seems that they can express diagreement in terms other than agression (follow anything cees says and you'll see what I mean) that might actually contribute a meaningful outcome for the rest of the readers. While turd throwing contests are fun to watch they are best left to the monkeys.

At any rate, welcome............. :D

Starnut
Last edited by STARNUT on Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

spartan
Posts: 1314
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:52 am

by spartan

soooo, specialized will be sponsoring three protour teams next year ??????



gerolsteiner
liquigas -velonewstv has a interview up with mario cipollini(tech director)
quickstep

User avatar
peterb_bt
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: High Wycombe, UK

by peterb_bt

:popcorn: This could get interesting!
You can never have too much carbon fibre....!

nikh
Posts: 2069
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:05 pm

by nikh

Please keep it on topic. That means no bickering otherwise its being locked.

Thank you.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

Post Reply