Pegoretti (New Wheel[s])

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cadence90

by cadence90

Skillgannon wrote:
cadence90 wrote:Things like this bicycle keep me sane, recently, believe it or not.

Cadence, first of all, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, and I have to say that , from experience, cycling helps (though I stopped doing one route because it went past the burial site). And to keep you sane, well, try being forced off the bike, I'm shrink material at the moment, so I can definetly see your point :D

Skill, what happened? (I've been in/out lately, for the aforementioned reasons.) You OK?
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Boonen

by Boonen

Nex, I didn't see you post untill today but have to add that is one beautiful frame! IMO it just oozes class and art with that paintjob and the way it looks! Did you get around building (some of) the bike already or are you still waiting on parts? Good luck on those Tune hubs, they can take some patience so I have heard :wink: This thread with the art pictures and your frame makes me thinking about one of these again, someday...

looking forward to seing some pictures of it when it's build, hope you will share it with us! :thumbup:

nexusheli

by nexusheli

Boonen wrote:Nex, I didn't see you post untill today but have to add that is one beautiful frame! IMO it just oozes class and art with that paintjob and the way it looks! Did you get around building (some of) the bike already or are you still waiting on parts? Good luck on those Tune hubs, they can take some patience so I have heard :wink: This thread with the art pictures and your frame makes me thinking about one of these again, someday...

looking forward to seing some pictures of it when it's build, hope you will share it with us! :thumbup:

Boonen, Thanks much for the compliments. I haven't had a chance to so much as touch the beautiful thing. I've been so busy with work these days. I have a Chorus group waiting for me, as well as Deda Newton bar and stem. I'm trying to get my hands on a Deda blackstick seatpost in the correct size, and preferably with the magnesium hardware, I'll know at the end of this week if I can get my hands on that. I'll have a set of Proton wheels to throw on the bike in lieu the handbuilts until the hubs arrive. So basically I'm just waiting on the seatpost. If the Deda falls through, I might splurge and blow my budget on a WR seatpost.

I'll definitely keep everyone up to date as the project progresses. I should get a chance to at least start assembly next week.
View before posting!
Pegoretti Love #3: It's here!!!

cadence90

by cadence90

nexusheli wrote:...[snip]....I'll definitely keep everyone up to date as the project progresses. I should get a chance to at least start assembly next week.

nex, I can't wait to see it built up! It is going to be amazing. :D

I am hoping to meet Dario in mid/late November and order a special frame from him too. My fingers are crossed that I can find him and that he will want to do the job....
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

nexusheli

by nexusheli

I couldn't wait for the parts any longer, I had to get it built and get on it for at least a lap around the block (even though it's raining lightly...)

She'll be getting hand-built wheels with Tune/Alex R400, as well as a Deda Blackstick seatpost. I'll be changing the saddle out for an SLR at some point as well as the HS to a Chris King and I'd like to throw some ZG-SS brakes on. For now, she's as follows:

Record BB Cups
Record Seatpost
Record Headset
Record Pedals (used)
Chorus Cranks (172.5 CT)
Chorus Derailleurs (QS-CT Front)
Chorus Ergo Lever (QS)
Chorus Skeleton Brakes
Chorus 5.9mm Chain
Chorus 11-23 Cassette
Deda Newton Bar/Stem (43/110)
Proton Wheels
Gommitalia tubes and Calypso Kevlar-bead tires
FSA SLK Carbon/Ti saddle
Bike Ribbon grey Pegoretti bar tape and logo plugs

Take a look:
Attachments
ht badge.jpg
le mani.jpg
front.jpg
pego1.jpg
Chorus lever.jpg
chorus cs.jpg
View before posting!

moof

by moof

best bike evar on ww

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Schweet! About time Nick! That is one stunning machine. Gauranteed stellar ride. Looking forward to hearing you ride reports!

cyclist14

by cyclist14

The local div. 3 pro team in my area ( Nerac-Outdoor Lights) which I will hopefully be on in a few years :D , is sponsored by Pegoretti and most of the guys use that frame. ( Love #3)

Nice Paint job as well!
I Support Drug Free Sport

Ciocc 7005 with Colnago Fork and Ultegra 10

Rolf ROCKS!!!

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

That is one spectacular build. I can't see a single that looks out of place with that frame, it all seems to fit together.
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

nexusheli

by nexusheli

cyclist14 wrote:The local div. 3 pro team in my area ( Nerac-Outdoor Lights) which I will hopefully be on in a few years :D , is sponsored by Pegoretti and most of the guys use that frame. ( Love #3)

Nice Paint job as well!

I'm in Charlotte... do any of the group rides in town? I've been racing the grassroots mountain bike series the last two years, been out there?
View before posting!

nikh

by nikh

Sweet, totally sweet.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

RollinOn27s

by RollinOn27s

All of the Nerac boys I've seen have been on Mr. Pegoretti's 8:30am frames. Did a local 1/2/3 race against them. Beautiful frames, navy blue color. Probably the only bike I've ever stared at. EVER.

Boonen

by Boonen

:thumbup: Very nice Nex! Must be an absolute joy to ride, I can understand why you couldn't wait any longer :D Why would you go with the Deda seatpost over the Campagnolo one you have on there now? I think it looks really nice there. I see you didn't cut the steerer of your fork yet, you probably know but from my memory the ck headset has a slightly higher stackbuild then the campy headsets so you might want to wait before you cut to much off it.

Enjoy riding thes beautiful bike!

lancejohnson

by lancejohnson

pretty dandy. it would be great to get the full ride report when you have a chance to get some miles on the frameset...

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Nice bike! only I am wondering why you taked Chorus and not Record I thought you are working for or are the distributor?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com