Zero G Boxer Squad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alienator

by alienator

I think there ought to be sticky for people that want to whine about how the forum is run.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

drjones96

by drjones96

well ok then.....no cranks for me :(

Like was said above. I won't complain about something that was offered up for free that I didn't get.

alienator

by alienator

drjones96 wrote:well ok then.....no cranks for me :(

Like was said above. I won't complain about something that was offered up for free that I didn't get.

Please, Doc, stop enabling! :D

Gregorio

by Gregorio

Maybe the people that were originally offered the cranks as testers should boycott 0G. That might show him, probably not though. Maybe it was all done in some elaborate marketing skeem. Some sort of conspiracy.
Just wanted to get this in before this thread is locked

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

Hi Guys,

I couldn't stomach bringing a crank to market that had only marginal gains in performance but significant gains in price... it's got to be worth it. I am working with Parlee Cycles in an effort to combine our skills and produce something extremely robust as well as light... but the crank is definitely a ways out. Special T-shirts and something else are coming shortly to those who have been patient albiet a bit frustrated by my over-confidence. I just ask that you be patient as I try to push the envelope... I haven't given up.

Thanks,

Ted Ciamillo
At your service

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Well Alienator,

you obviously think nothing wrong of someone advertising vaporware, promising new product to people as "testers", using this site for free advertising and then never ever coming through on those promises.

Your morals are obvious if you see nothing wrong with this.

alienator

by alienator

J-Nice wrote:Well Alienator,

you obviously think nothing wrong of someone advertising vaporware, promising new product to people as "testers", using this site for free advertising and then never ever coming through on those promises.

Your morals are obvious if you see nothing wrong with this.

Well, may as well put a stake through the heart of this thread.....

It'd be awfully shallow to think that you could make such observations based upon what you've read. Very shallow. Since I've not discussed my motivations and what I think of ZG and the lack of cranks, you're in no position to hazard any guess as to what I think. You certainly know nothing of my morals, although it is pretty sad that you think you do.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I'm not sure of what the point is at the sniveling (appologies J-nice).

Ted's been up front about why the part didn't fly. He's repeatedly been up front.

There was substantial time and money pressed into this project... The speculation that this was all just a plot to get publicity at the weight weenies forum is just plain stupid speculation. Ted could have had full page ads in every major publication on the cycling planet for what was spent on this project.

Yet here some sit still bitching about not getting something for nothing (especially when the "something" doesnt exist) and acting like it was all some grand design...

There would be a legitimate complaint if the part came to market and the folks expecting something for virtually nothing got hosed... But that's not the case.

And guess what, a hundred product like tghis roll round every year. I see proto's all year long from loads of reputable companies like Zero G that don't get to market...

Ted's not done anything but giving this place what he genuinely hoped would be (and heavily invested in) a great opportunity.

Anyone still clinging to other thoughts is simply being petty.

:arrow:

nikh

by nikh

ZeroG wrote:Hi Guys,

I couldn't stomach bringing a crank to market that had only marginal gains in performance but significant gains in price... it's got to be worth it. I am working with Parlee Cycles in an effort to combine our skills and produce something extremely robust as well as light... but the crank is definitely a ways out. Special T-shirts and something else are coming shortly to those who have been patient albiet a bit frustrated by my over-confidence. I just ask that you be patient as I try to push the envelope... I haven't given up.

Thanks,

Ted Ciamillo

Thanks for the response Ted.

Thread closed before it spirals further out of control.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!