Kuota K-Superlight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

STARNUT

by STARNUT

Whats up with this thing? Not Kuota site but its on the NA distributers sites. Well, actually, its a broken link that shoots you to the Kuota homepage. Anyway.........wha'd up. Madcow, Lance? Eurobike/Interbike info, maybe.

Check it out, http://www.euro-spek.com/khan.html. As an side, the Khan is sexy. Actually, anything with Boras is sexy.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

I thought the K-Superlite was a bike kinda like the Bayonne, but which might have more details released at Eurobike or Interbike I think...I'm fairly sure I remember hearing that somewhere

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ghastly

by Ghastly

Maybe C a s r a n could help us out here, he should know what's going on at Kuota!

Curious about that one too, in my search for a new frame!

STARNUT

by STARNUT

Skillgannon wrote:I thought the K-Superlite was a bike kinda like the Bayonne, but which might have more details released at Eurobike or Interbike I think...I'm fairly sure I remember hearing that somewhere

No, Kuota has never really talked about the Superlight. Cervelo, on the other hand, has a video of the "unicorn" on their website. You'll never be able to buy a Bayone. I think the Superlight was set to show it self last year (at eurobike or interbike) but Kuota pulled it at the last second and remaind tight liped, unlike someone else. "we make a 700 gram frame that you can never buy. But the R3 is close enough...........cash or check" :roll:.

starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

I know what's coming, but I can't reveal too much before Eurobike unfortunately.

Kuota has been working on a K Superlite (exact name still has to be revealed as well) frame for some time. There's even a place reserved in our Benelux pricelist on http://www.kuota.be. Kuota will decide when the frame has done enough tests before it's released - indeed STARNUT, Kuota isn't used to shouting what they theoreticly can (though they once told me their possibilities). I'd say, wait 2 more weeks. :wink:
I've seen some preproduction pictures, know the target weight and type of carbon being used. It looks very promising and might become my next WW build!

As for Kuota 2007: some frames will be changed, some won't. If you look at the website I borrowed pictures from in this topic, you'll see some front pics of a Team Lamonta rider on a new Kuota colourscheme.

Cya in Friedrichshafen,

Pieter
Kuota Benelux

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as C a s r a n, I can't say too much. Although he knows a bit more than I.

I know Kuota has been working on a few new things over the last year, some are pretty exciting. Some of the other bikes stay the same.

I'd not expect to see the Kbike anytime soon. I know that it is not the same bike that had been talked about here sometime ago. Some of the rumors were wrong, and some changes have been made in the design. Though it does still hold alot of promise.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hyde

by Hyde

Those are some sexy bikes!