Stronglight Dural rings inexpensive or just cheap?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Ramjm_2000

by Ramjm_2000

Fellow WWs,

Thinking about picking up a set at the LBS for the spare bike, the price is good but are they trash? Does anyone have any time on these rings? I'm riding the Zircals and I've ridden the CT2s but have no clue about these.

JR

Provence

by Provence

I've used a 50 tooth one. They're nice and cheap, feel stiff enough for me and shift ok but the finish isn't very good at all.
For if life, in the desire for which our essence and existence consists, possessed in itself a positive value and real content, there would be no such thing as boredom: mere existence would fufill and satisfy us.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Ramjm_2000

by Ramjm_2000

Provence wrote:I've used a 50 tooth one. They're nice and cheap, feel stiff enough for me and shift ok but the finish isn't very good at all.

Did you use the black or silver? Thanks

Provence

by Provence

The silver. If you want a better finish and superior shifting try the Specialites Alize/Vento, they're available in different colours too.
For if life, in the desire for which our essence and existence consists, possessed in itself a positive value and real content, there would be no such thing as boredom: mere existence would fufill and satisfy us.

Arthur Schopenhauer