Cervelo SLC-SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

onefifty

by onefifty

Hi,

Thinking about getting a SLC-SL, anyone here riden one? seen one?

Pros / Cons?

Any info would be sweet.

Thanks

airsoft510

by airsoft510

Dont think anyone has ridden one except CSC and some guys at cervelo. check the cervelo website thats were your going to get the most info. http://www.cervelo.com/bikes.aspx?bike=SLCSL2007 price $4500 frameset.

http://www.cervelo.com/reviews/Cycling% ... SL_TDF.pdf

supposed to be in the 900 gram range, and is stiffer than the slc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stegger

by Stegger

I am seriously thinking about getting that one myself!

Currently, I am divided between an R3, a SLC-SL or a Cannondale System Six. Dont have any idea where to try or even see one.

jeremyb

by jeremyb

best shot will probably be interbike.

as theyre not available yet, to my knowledge.

j

dawgcatching2

by dawgcatching2

Stegger wrote:I am seriously thinking about getting that one myself!

Currently, I am divided between an R3, a SLC-SL or a Cannondale System Six. Dont have any idea where to try or even see one.

System Six will be more affordable: $4799 for the Force-equipped model, with ES wheels, FSA carbon bar, Alien carbon post. You would almost pay that much for an SLC-SL frameset!

airsoft510

by airsoft510

jeremyb wrote:best shot will probably be interbike.

as theyre not available yet, to my knowledge.

j

If i can recall correctly the shop i work at who is a cervelo dealer, we got a email from cervelo saying they will ship early august

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Early August seems early. Wasnt it with the first soloist carbon that team csc tested it, and it was released 6 months after the tour (its first appearance) :?

bike bling

by bike bling

I don't get it.

We heard about the R3 bayonne a long time ago, but it has never appeared and I haven't heard of any sent to customers. Yet they claim that the ultralight version of the soloist is supposed to come out in august?

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

bike bling wrote:I don't get it.

We heard about the R3 bayonne a long time ago, but it has never appeared and I haven't heard of any sent to customers. Yet they claim that the ultralight version of the soloist is supposed to come out in august?

That's the wonderful magic of the Cervelo Co. :D

philischen

by philischen

Somehow fits in here.... Does anybody else know anything about CSC and Cervelo??? An "Insider" told me that CSC will ride most likely Specialized bikes next season. What do you guys know about that???

whooztheman

by whooztheman

WHAAAAAT? :unbelievable: ...
"It may be near when it seems so far"

TunedCannondaleR700

by TunedCannondaleR700

I thought they had a contract through 2009 or something like that? :noidea:
Cannondale is quite simply the best

philischen

by philischen

Well that was what I was thinking too. And that's the reason, why I called him "an Insider".... :D

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

philischen wrote:Somehow fits in here.... Does anybody else know anything about CSC and Cervelo??? An "Insider" told me that CSC will ride most likely Specialized bikes next season. What do you guys know about that???

I think that's a false rumor, last year Team CSC and Cervélo already extended their collaboration through to 2009:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... sep29news2
CSC and Cervélo extend partnership

Riis Cycling, the management company of Team CSC, and Cervélo Cycles have announced that they have extended their collaboration through to 2009.

While the first contract signed between Team CSC and Cervélo was in August 2002, when the Danish squad wasn't as successful as it is currently, the collaboration between the two has developed accordingly.

"An example of the teamwork that Team CSC and Cervélo have created is evident in the new Soloist Carbon," said Phil White, Cervélo co-founder. "The first bike that could truly be called a complete collaboration between us. I've said it before and it bears repeating, they have made us better bike designers. Based on the results the riders have already achieved on this new model in two short months, we know this is a winning relationship."

"We remain committed to Cervélo," said team manager Bjarne Riis, "not because Team CSC wins every race or because Cervélo is the biggest, but because being the best is about dedication and a commitment to excellence, and those are principles we both share."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

philischen

by philischen

Ok, that was what I was looking for... Just a rumor...