LEW-usa 35mm rim

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

pritchet74 wrote:I have ridden both the Lew wheels & the Reynolds Stratus & I can't tell the difference between them. I do think tha that the "beefier" Stratus might be more durable & crash resistant though.

Ok are those both wheels are in the stiff category of wheels or rather soft... so for a guy who climbs sitted on the saddle :?:

Thx.

pritchet74

by pritchet74

I found them to be stiff, although not as stiff as my Carbones. Those puppies are stiff . . . and heavy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Balenaar

by Balenaar

They looks good, but never heard of it before ... ? :oops:
Time VXRS Ulteam

Rue

by Rue

The Lew rims are diffrent in their material, compaction and dimension. As we have established the lews are 17mm wide. The material is a little lower MSI than that of the Reynolds and the compression is much higher when they build then on the Reynolds.
Not saying anything is wrong with the Lews, just be carefull on long braking decents and any rough roads. I have seen many a rim fail!!!
They do make great special occasion wheels though!
Just keep in mind that the Reynolds out today are just an evolution of the original Lews.

And keep a look out for some new wheels coming from some other US manufacturers...... :wink:
ruesports.com
We can build, repair and paint almost anything carbon!