Sram Force Shifters and Derailers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MagPinna

by MagPinna

Recived them yesterday on a 2007 bicycle...Anybody have any feed back on them yet...

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

since you have them, is it possible for you to provide feedback?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

airsoft510

by airsoft510

and pictures

tomertz

by tomertz

I have read short feedback in roadbikereview.com -> technical forum. They said the shifters are harder then D/A but the actual shifting is faster. They also said that the street price is much lower then the advertised list price.

I would like to hear your feedback.

durarace

by durarace

I tried them for a 15 min ride a couple days ago. I currently use Dura Ace. The action is a little firmer, the amount you have to push the lever to get to a harder gear is half that of Shimano. The double click to get into an easier gear was no trouble. While climbing seated on a steep hill I kind of had to torque my wrist inward to reach the lever compared to the big Shimano brake lever right at the front. The hoods were smaller and felt good. My personal opinion, WAY better then Campy, 95% as good as Shimano. I'm going to get a set of shifters and derailleurs just because they weight less and the carbon is nice looking. Any one know when we can purchace them from our LBS? I called the two big ones in Santa Cruz Ca. and they have no idea.

Ryan94

by Ryan94

I recieved my Force group set today on my 2007 bike as well. I love it compared to my shimano set. The only complaint is the front shifter has no trim on it.

Clevor

by Clevor

No trim on the shifter??? There must be some other feature equivalent to this!

How about the weight of the SRAM stuff: shifters, front, and rear derailleur, compared to DuraAce and Campy? How much lighter, if at all?

Ryan94

by Ryan94

I set mine up and it didn't seem to need a trim feature. The FD seems wide enough so you can use the entire range of your gears with no trim.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Ryan8 - what gear range are you running on the back...shouldnt make any difference, but still..dont even know why I asked to be honest

Would be interesting riding over rough ground with the wide hanger...how precise is the shifting to the big ring/little ring?

Ryan94

by Ryan94

I have a 12-25 DA cassette in the rear. Shifting is VERY crisp and precise. I can not see myself going back to campy or shimano after riding the SRAM Force set.

This set is on a 2007 Cannondale System Six (you can read about it in my other thread)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com