Calculating Tubular Tire weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kite flyer

by kite flyer

@ Cyco - Thanks.

I bought a 250ml tin of glue, and the final 'sticking' coat was rather slapped on, just to be sure :D

However, these are my first attempts at tub use (I have not yet ridden them - this weekend) so I may have used too much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TedB

by TedB

TB wrote:I have been using the Tufo tape for a couple of seasons now. It is lighter than the glue, easier to use and sets up very well.

This is my experience as well using the Tufo tape. There is no reason for me to ever use glue.

popawheelie

by popawheelie

The Tufos are made differently than other tyres. They don't sew them so you can't fix them. Thier solution is to put thier sealant in them for small punctures. They don't have tubes inside them. They take the sides of the tire and glue (vulcanize) them together to make an airtight seal. They lap over eachother so there is plenty of material to work with.
They must use some sort of last while they are gluing them because they are alot rounder than other tyres I've seen. When you mount them there aren't any bulges or whobles when you spin the wheel. I also use thier new red extreem tape and it is great to work with. It makes mounting them much easier and they are on for good. But if you like sniffing glue I understand :? :? :? :?