Berk Ploh saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mjolnir2k

by Mjolnir2k

I was fortunate enough to receive a Berk Ploh saddle, to replace my Berk Lupina. The Ploh is Berk's new "short nosed" saddle, that competes with the likes of the specialized power saddle and the Pro Stealth saddle. This stub nose shape can be a very comfortable shape that allows the rider to move forward onto the nose of the saddle for those times when they need to really put the power into the pedals.

Out of the box I was already incredibly impressed with this saddle. It is light as a feather (88 grams on my scale) which you expect from Berk, but the craftsmanship is exceptional. There is a padded top that feels far more generous than the 88 grams of weight would seem to allow for and a it sports a deep center channel to relieve saddle pressure. I could see this saddle remaining comfortable on a century ride. The materials, workmanship and design are all top notch. This is simply a gorgeous piece of kit. It also comes in a variety of colors.

I've attached a few shots of the saddle and a shot of how it looks mounted on my bike. I am very eager to get out on the roads to put it to the test, but even seeing it on the bike it looks amazing! Berk is also an exceptional company to deal with that truly stands behind the products they sell. I can attest to this first hand and they have been a real pleasure to deal with.

If you are looking to upgrade your saddle and want one that will stand apart from the crowd, and has small batch workmanship, then the Berk Ploh would be a great option.
Attachments
259F4FB7-3EEF-4A27-BC8D-CC49DAE18565.jpeg
5E586A02-5933-4D97-886F-7F04B6CD7F51.jpeg
DC55C74E-216C-441E-80DF-E7B7AE5FE0D7.jpeg
81ED845E-39D2-4353-B638-2BD814746AA4.jpeg
9E7A03A6-20D0-41C4-AD36-5A86B2F48D49.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com