Specialized Custom Footbed weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

Hi guys,

Does anyone have an idea what the weight is on the Specialized custom footbeds? I used to use sidas customs but ended up dropping them because they weighed so much. Feeling like I'd like to try a custom footbed again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

Jhomewood wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:53 am
Hi guys,

Does anyone have an idea what the weight is on the Specialized custom footbeds? I used to use sidas customs but ended up dropping them because they weighed so much. Feeling like I'd like to try a custom footbed again.
Do you mean their Body Geometry SL footbeds? Blue version in size 42-43 is 75gr for the pair, against 26gr for the pair of stock footbeds of my size 42.5 S-Works 7 shoes. So +50gr/pair, +25gr/piece, give or take.

Bravo73

by Bravo73

Hello,

I’m new around here (Image) but recently bought a pair of S-Works 7 road shoes in size 46. The standard insoles which came with the shoes are 27gms for the pair.

I also got a pair of the Specialized (ie Retul) Masterfit Body Geometry insoles to go with the shoes. These are 137gms for the pair.

HTH.
2011 S-Works Tarmac SL3 (ex-Team Highroad)
2023 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

Bravo73 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:32 pm
Hello,

I’m new around here (Image) but recently bought a pair of S-Works 7 road shoes in size 46. The standard insoles which came with the shoes are 27gms for the pair.

I also got a pair of the Specialized (ie Retul) Masterfit Body Geometry insoles to go with the shoes. These are 137gms for the pair.

HTH.
Thanks, that's great info! My Sidas ones in a 44 size were around 160g.