Belgium Trip.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JTC

by JTC

Heading to Belgium Fri. to see Flander, Gent, and PR. Going to be riding many of the climbs and cobbles of the races. I know there are a few Belgium Folks out there. Got any advice for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KB

by KB

JTC wrote:Heading to Belgium Fri. to see Flander, Gent, and PR. Going to be riding many of the climbs and cobbles of the races. I know there are a few Belgium Folks out there. Got any advice for me.

Yes, be careful how much beer you drink because it can be very strong and there's lots of them. And watch your waistline because the food's great!!!

Oswald

by Oswald

KB wrote:
JTC wrote:Heading to Belgium Fri. to see Flander, Gent, and PR. Going to be riding many of the climbs and cobbles of the races. I know there are a few Belgium Folks out there. Got any advice for me.

Yes, be careful how much beer you drink because it can be very strong and there's lots of them. And watch your waistline because the food's great!!!

Because the pubs close early in the UK, you guys have to drink very fast... When you come overhere, you drink fast all night... UK bear also tastes like piss (no offense), so Belgium bear probably goes in easier... I've seen some UK people get totally wasted over here...

As for the biking... in the days prior to a race, you can just follow the signs... If you follow the RVV route, you'll ride about every cobble stone and hill worth mentioning...