Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stendhal

by Stendhal

wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:53 am
BadBoyR wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:56 pm
Can’t decide if I should get the hi mod frameset or soloist, thoughts please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you're in EU you get a weird price for Soloist. It's 1000 Euro to expensive compared to R and S5 (using american pricelist as reference).
So i would clearly go Cannondale.
So for me it wouldn't be a question ;-)
Sadly I'm too big for the Soloist. But in just a second you'll see what the Hi Mod is about...
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Without further ado, CANNONDALE SUPERSIX EVO 4 HI-MOD LAGUNA YELLOW ACTUAL WEIGHTS, size 56.
Any weighing errors mine, but last time I did this my Park Scale weights were close to the LBS weights.

Uncut fork: 431 g
(On the high end. But the Australia bike shop video was right, the forks is elegant.)

Cage: 46 g
Bottle: 66 g
(As you'll see if I can post pictures, very unimpressive plastic. cajer, strongly thinking of seeling to you cheap. Depends on a few htings.)

Thru-axle front: 26 g
Thru-axle rear: 45 g
(Very good!)

Seatpost including two white plastic dowels on the rails I dared not remove: 162 g
Light! It's beautiful too.

Di2 hole plug: 3 g
(I'm SRAM all the way so this is an annoyance. By the way, the pre-race commentators were right -- there are holes all over! The Di2 bottom hole, the downtube hole to be covered by the small plate (also useless for me as a SRAM fan), a hole on the other side of the front derailleur mount, etc. Holey moley!)

LOTS of small parts, hopefully I can show. Did not open headset from plastic bag to weigh it.

And for the grand finale --

Frame including front derailleur hanger and dropout: .84 kg
(My scale is only two decimal places so technically not 840 g, but a good surrogate.)
So probably NOT unreasonable to cite 810g for black matte.
The entire box was ridiculously light. The frame is close to rim brake Cervelo territory, it floats (perhaps due to all the holes :) )

Pictures to follow, technology allowing.
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Hope this works -- here are photos of the frame.
Attachments
Beautiful detailing on the top tube!
Beautiful detailing on the top tube!
Here it is raw
Here it is raw
Scale Of Truth
Scale Of Truth
Padded out of the box
Padded out of the box

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Hey, it works!

Trying to upload more, not working yet...

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Trying again -- small parts

Encouraged by the FSA grease. Surely this will work with my Vision Metron barstem!
Attachments
All the small parts
All the small parts
So many spacers and steerer-related stuff I think
So many spacers and steerer-related stuff I think
Headset covers?
Headset covers?

Stendhal

by Stendhal

For some reason the rest of the part files (bottle, cage, seatpost, another group shot of all the small parts) don't upload :?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

ilprofessore wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:15 am
Kind of wondering if Darimo beats cannondale to the punch with an avail 0 offset seatpost.
I wouldn't count on it given how long it took them to release their Evo 3 seatposts.

njleach

by njleach

wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:30 pm
I wonder what weight the Look frameset have and ofcourse the cost.
I think these two are quite close.

looknew.jpg
What Look model is this?

SixThirteen

by SixThirteen

Seen in Sydney today, though on checking the Cannodale AU web site I can't match the bike / grouppo to the colourway

Scott Foil RC10 Ultegra 12 speed / Creston 50 - 7.9Kg

nooski

by nooski

SixThirteen wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:41 am
Seen in Sydney today, though on checking the Cannodale AU web site I can't match the bike / grouppo to the colourway

https://www.cannondale.com/en-eu/bikes/ ... i2-c11101u

and probably this one, colour BKM (black magic) - black with sparkles

https://www.cannondale.com/en/bikes/roa ... -force-axs
Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

nooski

by nooski

BTW we have weighted LAB71 model with totally slammed stem in size 56 and it comes at 7,2 Kg with provided bottle cages without pedals.
Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

SixThirteen wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:41 am

https://i.imgur.com/AtXZCLY.jpeg

These are SSE3s, just so you know.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

Stendhal wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:47 am

Encouraged by the FSA grease. Surely this will work with my Vision Metron barstem!
Perfect! Thanks! I'm being told the HiMods are not coming to Europe until the summer, is this not the case?

Stendhal

by Stendhal

nooski wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:48 am
BTW we have weighted LAB71 model with totally slammed stem in size 56 and it comes at 7,2 Kg with provided bottle cages without pedals.
With a dual set of bottles and cages at 224 g per my actual measuremens, that's a huge difference to the total weight. I refuse to pay that weight penalty and will use only 1 bottle at a lower weight (if that). I also cheat by not including bottle when I weigh, pedals yes. Rationale is that you don't need bottles for a functioning bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stendhal

by Stendhal

BenCousins wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:51 am
Stendhal wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:47 am

Perfect! Thanks! I'm being told the HiMods are not coming to Europe until the summer, is this not the case?
Perhaps Mike's Bikes here in the USA gabbed them all! The chain just acquired 4 stores in Colorado and when they did more Hi Mod Smoke Black frames became available per their website, I think they share store-system-wide. Even then, there was availability in all sizes on Friday or so, now they are out of sizes 54 and 56. Sold out of the yellow except for size 54.

https://mikesbikes.com/collections/cann ... 3596238917