Crazy 150g drop bar from Alie

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Seen this one several times. Anyone brave enough to test it yet?
shorturl.at/ehM02

I know Darimo Ellipse is the lightest bar available, but at 5 times the price and both being way too light for my taste I am not brave enough to try neither :lol:
Just thought I would share, always happy to hear your opinions and discussion <3
Last edited by eucalyptus on Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MichaelK

by MichaelK

I'd be all over that if it came in 380mm C-C. Oddly it does show that option in the dimensions image.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jih

by jih

Shape looks like an ergonova copy, with slightly aero tops and flare. Some of the ergonova were around 180g on the scales, so a claimed weight of 150 doesn't sound completely impossible

jih

by jih

Looks like it has unusual ends that are thinner than usual but then flare out at the end to accommodate a normal bar end plug. The drops must be very flexible to be such a low weight and be thinner (lesser diameter) than normal drops

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

eucalyptus wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:45 pm
Seen this one several times. Anyone brave enough to test it yet?
shorturl.at/ehM02

I know Darimo Ellipse is the lightest bar available, but at 5 times the price and both being way too light for my taste I am not brave enough to try neither :lol:
Just thought I would share, always happy to hear your opinions and discussion <3
I see the whole WW:ism as funny. However, the components that start to flex more than i prefer isn't really ideal.
You also have Haero Carbon which is probably stiffer than Darimo. My 44 size was/ is 153 grams.
44 size is 41.6 cm C-C over hoods. 42 size bar is 39.6cm C-C over hoods aso.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

cheapvega

by cheapvega

Would love to see their take on an integrated aero bar, though I imagine the flex will be crazy. Maybe not a terrible thing for ride quality though

MichaelK

by MichaelK

I did take the plunge and ordered them.

157.1g on the scales for 40cm c-c.

A few blemishes and voids in the surface layer of carbon but looks predominantly superficial. Feels pretty stiff in my hands but will try to get photos and it mounted this weekend and tested.

Broady

by Broady

Speaking of 150g ish bars, Pro just launched theirs - https://www.pro-bikegear.com/us/road/ha ... -handlebar

10 year limited warranty too.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Broady wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:23 pm
Speaking of 150g ish bars, Pro just launched theirs - https://www.pro-bikegear.com/us/road/ha ... -handlebar

They don't exist yet... Pro released media pictures in September last year and was supposed to be available Q1 but no bar to be seen... Not even R2 bike has a picture yet.

arcatern

by arcatern

eucalyptus wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:05 pm
Broady wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:23 pm

They don't exist yet... Pro released media pictures in September last year and was supposed to be available Q1 but no bar to be seen... Not even R2 bike has a picture yet.
Word on the street is in store in North America by May.

Broady

by Broady

They were at the Velofollies show last week for the physical launch, the stem looks cool too.

dpries

by dpries

MichaelK wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:33 am

A few blemishes and voids in the surface layer of carbon but looks predominantly superficial. Feels pretty stiff in my hands but will try to get photos and it mounted this weekend and tested.
I'm super interested in these if the quality is good, getting harder to find 40cm bars in stock at a reasonable price

johanalexander

by johanalexander

Prime primavera X-light is in the ballpark. I've used mine whole summer and autumn last year. No complaints.
Eating trash'n riding fast

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

MichaelK wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:33 am

How do you like them so far?