'22 Cervelo R5 versus '22 BMC SLR01

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chiltonp

by chiltonp

Both of these frames are on my short list for an upcoming purchase, (along with the new S5). Anyone ridden both current gen R5 and SLR01 and able to weigh in on their preference?

Thanks,
CP

Aress

by Aress

I have the BMC, it's a good all aroud bike but kinda blend, can't comment on the R5 but can't be worst than the bmc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fabulousz

by fabulousz

I think R5 is the lightest full internal cable routing frame, with 34mm tire clearance, wouldn't be a bad choice.

It used be my first choice of new bike, but after I can't order the jumbo visma R5, I turn to enve melee XD

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

I have both. First BMC are more stiffer thank R5, for the ride is more better R5, for climb is better R5, the BMC are super stiff.
the R5 can use FSA vision metron handlebar integrated it is fine, the BMC use their own handlebar.
I will choose R5>SLR01 because:
the R5 recently has all the new design perfomance in this year 21-22. I don't like SLR01 for climbing, is to stiff

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Some pretty major differences between those frames in my (54cm) size. The R5 has a 12mm shorter wheelbase and more BB drop. The R5 has nearly 6mm less trail. The R5 is therefore going to be significantly more "agile" while the Teammachine might feel more "stable." If you enjoy twisty descents with quick chicanes, choose the R5. If you like long rides through rolling countrysides, maybe choose the Teammachine.

chiltonp

by chiltonp

Looks like I may be going R5.

Bike shop is giving me a deal on the build and I can spec it with either Roval Alpinist CLX or Roval Rapide CL II. I like the idea of the super light Alpinist but think I would miss the aero advantages of the Rapides on fast group rides. The rest of the build will be Ult 12sp DI2. Thoughts?

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

R5 with Rapides is a super solid setup all around. I'd go with Vision bars too if it was me. Would be a JV setup but with faster wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com