*NEW GEN* SRAM Force Groupset March 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morrisond

by morrisond

When is the rumored release date? Beginning of March? End of March? It must be getting close.

Has anyone else been able to confirm the rumour from a few pages back that Force is an Update only but RED is fully new?

Does Force update mean ditching 10T starting gear?

The rumour is also Force has one less port or Button? Does that really matter with the fully wireless blips? Will the fully wireless blips work with the new groups?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maddie

by Maddie

I heard both red and force only get small upgrades, not completely new groupsets. Both get rival-like shifters though

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973U1 mit Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

morrisond wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:49 pm
When is the rumored release date? Beginning of March? End of March? It must be getting close.

Has anyone else been able to confirm the rumour from a few pages back that Force is an Update only but RED is fully new?

The rumour is also Force has one less port or Button? Does that really matter with the fully wireless blips? Will the fully wireless blips work with the new groups?

It's not that Force is only getting a small update and Red is fully new. It's that the spring release is rumored to be Red only, with a Force release coming later. Force will almost certainly have the new programmable button, it's just not being released in March.

Why would SRAM ditch the 10t gear? They like it very much.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

morrisond

by morrisond

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:16 pm
morrisond wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:49 pm

It's not that Force is and small update and Red is fully new. It's that the spring release is rumored to be Red only, with a Force release coming later. Force will almost certainly have the new programmable button, it's just not being released in March.

Why would SRAM ditch the 10t gear? They like it very much.
I was just guessing on the 10T - in any case pretty soon they won't be the only manufacturer building a road group that starts at 10. I have no problem with it and quite like 9/10T starting gears with EKAR.

Whatever is happening - is there a release date yet? I'm planning my summer build.

morrisond

by morrisond

Maddie wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:10 pm
I heard both red and force only get small upgrades, not completely new groupsets. Both get rival-like shifters though

I really like Rival AXS shifters - I have them on my Gravel/Winter bike.

I've been a die hard Campy user - but those shifters have caused me to waiver. I'm still not a fan on SRAM braking though. Maybe if the bite point is adjustable on new FORCE/RED that will make me happy.

I really hope for Mineral Oil as well - DOT is a PITA.

Fisherfreerider

by Fisherfreerider

Nothing is changing with Red.

morrisond

by morrisond

Fisherfreerider wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:36 pm
Nothing is changing with Red.
That is opposite to what we heard in this thread - that nothing is changing in Force.

Personally if all they do is adapt the Rival shifter shape for Force that is fine.

Have you heard if anything is changing in Force?

chrisw91

by chrisw91

Reliably informed that we'll see:

- No change to Red
- Mostly cosmetic tweaks to Force, including Rival-style hoods

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Anecdata: Seems hard to find Force-equipped bikes (at least road), compared to Rival-equipped. But that could just be locally/this distribution channel.

Indyx

by Indyx

morrisond wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:00 pm
Maddie wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:10 pm

I really like Rival AXS shifters - I have them on my Gravel/Winter bike.

I've been a die hard Campy user - but those shifters have caused me to waiver. I'm still not a fan on SRAM braking though. Maybe if the bite point is adjustable on new FORCE/RED that will make me happy.

I really hope for Mineral Oil as well - DOT is a PITA.
Same here. I put Rival AXS on my CX/Gravel bike XPLR x1. Man, I love it. I run DA 11 speed Di2 on road, and if Sram ever gets the front derailer sorted, or once 13 speed comes out. Watch out!

Sram Rival AXS brakes BETTER than Shimano. AXS shifting feels slower than DI2, but good enough. I do love the simplicity.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

jlok wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:19 pm
whatever the next SRAM would be, please add the hidden buttons Shimano-alike. This is a good feature to control the Garmin.
I find it crazy that people waste this awesome shifting button position to cycle through a Garmin. Riding in the aero hoods and using to top Shimano buttons to shift rules.

jlok

by jlok

OnTheRivet wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:08 am
jlok wrote:
whatever the next SRAM would be, please add the hidden buttons Shimano-alike. This is a good feature to control the Garmin.
I find it crazy that people waste this awesome shifting button position to cycle through a Garmin. Riding in the aero hoods and using to top Shimano buttons to shift rules.
Yes, for whatever reason some crazy people prefer their hands on the hoods when switching Garmin pages. But let's be real, we are not even eligible to be "crazy". So just put those buttons on and let us decide how crazy we could be...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

morrisond

by morrisond

chrisw91 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:24 pm
Reliably informed that we'll see:

- No change to Red
- Mostly cosmetic tweaks to Force, including Rival-style hoods
That makes a lot of sense given what is in this thread already.

People talking about RED having one port for Blips (which it does already) and Force not having it - which of course makes sense as Rival AXS does not.

Of course it doesn't really matter anymore given that Blips are availible in fully wireless versions and no ports are needed.

I'm hoping they match the esthetics of the black Rival shifters - Black Force would be quite nice.
Last edited by morrisond on Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

morrisond

by morrisond

jlok wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:32 am
OnTheRivet wrote:
jlok wrote:
Yes, for whatever reason some crazy people prefer their hands on the hoods when switching Garmin pages. But let's be real, we are not even eligible to be "crazy". So just put those buttons on and let us decide how crazy we could be...
Can you program wireless blips to change a Garmin? Mount them on the inside of the shifter bottoms, under the hood rubber?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

morrisond wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:02 am
jlok wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:32 am
OnTheRivet wrote:
jlok wrote:
Can you program wireless blips to change a Garmin? Mount them on the inside of the shifter bottoms, under the hood rubber?
Yes, but I'm not gonna pay extra when I expect Red the flagship product would be catching up with the competitors. I just expect the new Red to at least catch up with competitor, if not one-upping. Ditch the pad-clearance adjuster and replace with a simple switch. Not too much to ask I think?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10