Lightweight flatmount brakemount shimano

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mathias720

by mathias720

Hello every one
i am looking at getting the last bit of weight savings for my factor ostro, and one of the last small detail i cant figure if there is any upgrade available for it the flatmount brakemount for the front.
i am running the dura-ace 9170 caliper in the front with 140mm rotor and the original brake mount for it.
is there any way to have a lighter mount, havent been able to locate any aftermarket mounts.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

mathias720 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:56 am
Hello every one
i am looking at getting the last bit of weight savings for my factor ostro, and one of the last small detail i cant figure if there is any upgrade available for it the flatmount brakemount for the front.
i am running the dura-ace 9170 caliper in the front with 140mm rotor and the original brake mount for it.
is there any way to have a lighter mount, havent been able to locate any aftermarket mounts.
How much do you think you will save there?, a screwless adapter and for 10-12 grams.......use hand file or dremel
to lower it somewhat......how much will you reduce? 1-2-3 grams? would it be worth it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mikemelbrooks

by mikemelbrooks

Ritxis wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:26 am
mathias720 wrote:
Hello every one
How much do you think you will save there?, a screwless adapter and for 10-12 grams.......use hand file or dremel
to lower it somewhat......how much will you reduce? 1-2-3 grams? would it be worth it?
Yes not much weight saving to be had, however you could change the adaptor for one that will accept countersunk fasteners then use titanium hardwear. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/400043488 ... Redirect=y

mathias720

by mathias720

Ritxis wrote:
mathias720 wrote:
Hello every one
eveything counts in the long run.
i am down to buing titanium/carbon screws.
this is mostly for the fun of it not that i can ffel the few grams.
but i am trying to optimize my bike to fit exactly at 6.8 uci limit and be the most aero dynamic while being at that limit

mathias720

by mathias720

mikemelbrooks wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:58 am
Ritxis wrote:
mathias720 wrote:
Hello every one
Yes not much weight saving to be had, however you could change the adaptor for one that will accept countersunk fasteners then use titanium hardwear. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/400043488 ... Redirect=y
i dont see the diffrence here from the original? am i missing something here?
maybe something like this is available in titanium version
Skærmbillede 2022-11-29 103223.png
Skærmbillede 2022-11-29 103223.png (82.04 KiB) Viewed 400 times

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mikemelbrooks

by mikemelbrooks

mathias720 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:33 am
mikemelbrooks wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:58 am
Ritxis wrote:
mathias720 wrote:
Hello every one
i dont see the diffrence here from the original? am i missing something here?
maybe something like this is available in titanium version
Skærmbillede 2022-11-29 103223.png
Like we said not really any difference in weight from the adaptor, but it would allow you to use titanium bolts to attach the adaptor to your frame and your caliper to the adaptor.
A titanium adaptor would be heavier than a standard one, aluminium is lighter than titanium.