DI2 12 Speed Help - Rim Brake

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LewisK

by LewisK

Hi

In the process of building a Factor o2 VAM with the new DI2 12 speed - Rim brake.

From what I can understand, the Rim brake shifters are wired, but there doesn't look to be a handlebar or external junction box as the charging is done from the rear mech.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or can tell me what wires, battery e.t.c. I need?

Many thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

There is only one battery type. You simply need a cable that's long enough to get from the battery to the shifters and you can do that in two different ways.

You can run a cable from one shifter to the other and a cable from that shifter to the battery.

You can a cable from each shifter to a four-way junction box and a single cable from that box to the battery. Where you put that 4 way junction

The first option is probably the tidiest option. If you go that route, you should probably put in a two way junction in the cable run so that you can easily disconnect the shifters from the bike, if need be, without having to unwind your bar tape to unplug the cable from the shifter.

Have a look in the general R9200 DI2 Dealer Manual for diagrams and suggestions on wiring

https://si.shimano.com/en/pdfs/dm/RAGN0 ... 02-ENG.pdf

Start at page 17.

And have a look in the Dura-Ace DI2 next gen thread (starting about 24Oct22) for some discussion on wiring up a rim brake setup: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=156208&start=9045