SL7 Build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Hello All

Doing an SL7 build and would like advice. This will not be a WW build from the outset...

Frameset+Stem+Cmpt mount: SL7 Jet Fuel
Wheels: Roval Rapide CLII (open to other wheels with similar depth and width)
Gruppo: Ultegra Di2 12-speed stock (open to changing individual parts such as cassette or chain or rotors)
BB: BBinfinite ABEC BB (open to wheelsmfg or hope or other alternatives)
Cages: Supacaz Carbon
Tape: Supacaz Bling Carbon
Pedals: Keo Blade Carbon
Handlebar: EC70 Aero (open to other carbon bars with flared drops like the EC70)
Saddle: Spesh Power Pro Mirror (open to other saddles with similar structure like Fizik adaptive or Prologo CPC)
Tires: Conti Ultrasport (lots of debris like glass where I ride and do not want to burn through tubes using higher-end tires)

jayjay

by jayjay

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:04 am
I would use the Arundel Mandible cages
CAAD8FRED wrote:
Tires: Conti Ultrasport (lots of debris like glass where I ride and do not want to burn through tubes using higher-end tires)
Maybe the Continental 4 Seasons is an option?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CasualRider

by CasualRider

I would get a pair of continental 5000 S TR and set them up tubeless. No reason to get top-of-the-line bike and put cheap tires. I used to average one flat a month and now I have zero flats in the last 12000 miles.

I would also get Rapide handlebar instead. It looks better, better routing, fits, and it's comfortable.
Tarmac SL8 Maganta Gold
Crux Green Pearl

Previous bikes:
Crux Forest Green
Tarmac SL7 Snake Eye
Venge Bora Team
Venge Purple
Trek Madone SLR 7

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

CasualRider wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:06 am
I would get a pair of continental 5000 S TR and set them up tubeless. No reason to get top-of-the-line bike and put cheap tires. I used to average one flat a month and now I have zero flats in the last 12000 miles.

I would also get Rapide handlebar instead. It looks better, better routing, fits, and it's comfortable.
Went for the 5000s but sticking to the Easton. I like the flare and the only other carbon bar that had an advertised and considerable flare was Enve.

arcatern

by arcatern

jayjay wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:22 am
CAAD8FRED wrote:
I would use the Arundel Mandible cages
CAAD8FRED wrote:
Maybe the Continental 4 Seasons is an option?
100% recommended the arundel mandibles. Never dropped a bottle, hold not too tight, just right, and are beautiful. My current set of two has moved from bike to bike. They're on their four frame. Fifth? I bought the plastic first, and when I realized how great they are, sold them and bought carbon. Should have done carbon the first time around.

MRM

by MRM

Absolutely love Arundel Mandible!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WouldLikeToBeLighter

by WouldLikeToBeLighter

More Mandible love here. We have them on seven bikes in our house.

The only bikes we doing have them on are my Scapin as I tried a pair of Enve cages (which aren't as good but as I've got them they're staying) and my Aethos light build which has a single Carbon Works as it is much lighter. This holds it too tight. I haven't found anything to beat the Mandible, it's basically perfect as a bottle cage.