Orbea Orca OMX vs Look 795 Blade RS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

naavt

by naavt

Yes! I know that they are very different bikes.

I do have a climbing bike so for now I'm very inclined to go the aero route instead of a more allrounder like the Orca, but I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

https://pezcyclingnews.com/technspec/lo ... dead-sexy/

^ this was a pretty good write up of the 795 Blade RS showing the build and parts specific to the bicycle - seatpost clamp, tru-axles, front fork and stem etc...worth a read before making a decision.

Would go with one that fits you the best and inspires you to ride the most...

naavt

by naavt

Thank you for the link. Quite informative reading :)

RDY

by RDY

rudye9mr wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:23 pm
https://pezcyclingnews.com/technspec/lo ... dead-sexy/

^ this was a pretty good write up of the 795 Blade RS showing the build and parts specific to the bicycle - seatpost clamp, tru-axles, front fork and stem etc...worth a read before making a decision.

Would go with one that fits you the best and inspires you to ride the most...
Hadn't seen that they'd sealed a sponsorship deal with Cofidis (for all their teams - WT / Conti / Ladies). I'd say instead of it being almost certain, the 795 getting replaced or superseded in 2023, that makes it absolutely certain.

Not sure a formal MY23 has been declared for the 795, or indeed any Look products yet.

Wonder when they introduce it. 795 stock is now being pushed into smaller markets where previously the bikes were unobtainium - probably to make sure inventory sells before the new stuff drops.

Yoln

by Yoln

I mean, the blade is pretty much the best looking bike money can buy in my opinion. While the Orca is boring as hell. That should be enough of a reason :)
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Yoln wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:27 am
I mean, the blade is pretty much the best looking bike money can buy in my opinion. While the Orca is boring as hell. That should be enough of a reason :)
Not quite so one-sided because Orbea includes the MyO paint choice in the price of the bike.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

naavt

by naavt

Sent an email to Look, they have replied me within an hour! Impressive! They told me that a new 795 will be presented in early December :shock: Asked them for details and they replied back saying that they can't reveal anything prior to the presentation but the wait is not long, just a few days ahead!

Have you seen any rumors on a new 795 Blade?

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Exciting stuff!

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

NotYou

by NotYou

Nice! I was still a bit sceptical if the Cofidis deal would be due to a new bike or 'just' the replacement for the partnership with Gazprom Rusvelo, but who'd have thought we are already that close to an update. Exciting stuff indeed

RDY

by RDY

naavt wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:22 am
Sent an email to Look, they have replied me within an hour! Impressive! They told me that a new 795 will be presented in early December :shock: Asked them for details and they replied back saying that they can't reveal anything prior to the presentation but the wait is not long, just a few days ahead!

Have you seen any rumors on a new 795 Blade?
I first heard that a new one was waiting about a year ago. But heard absolutely nothing about it, and the dealers I've spoken to since haven't seen it either - or not that they were willing to say.

Anyway, per my above post, very predictable. Pushing stock of the existing 795 and RS into markets they previously wouldn't have pissed on if they were on fire, and a new team sponsorship.

I am surprised their CS told you that though.

RDY

by RDY

P.S. If I had to guess, new one will take some of its design cues from the T20 and go significantly more aero. Since I think the 785 will gravitate to more of an all-rounder in its next iteration.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Really curious to see what Look will come up with.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Yoln wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:27 am
No the reason to not buy an Orbea is that they dont stand behind their warranty and it isnt worth the paper its written on.
Yes it happened to me a long time ago, but f**k em, Im still telling everyone anyway

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com