Colnago c60 or de Rosa Pininfarina

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

Keeping the c60 and starting the factor build Image

smokva

by smokva

Easy solution, keep both Colnago and DeRosa....and forget about Factor :)
I had two DeRosas in my cycling "career" and always had a feeling that I was on something special. I didn't have this feeling with other brands.

In my opinion every serious cyclist should have one Colnago, one Bianchi, one DeRosa and one Pinarello in the stable.

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

smokva wrote:Easy solution, keep both Colnago and DeRosa....and forget about Factor :)
I had two DeRosas in my cycling "career" and always had a feeling that I was on something special. I didn't have this feeling with other brands.

In my opinion every serious cyclist should have one Colnago, one Bianchi, one DeRosa and one Pinarello in the stable.
I agree with you those brands and their ride quality are completely different than other brand, I had on my stable a black inc super six, a storck, a massi evolucione, cervelo s5, a specialized s-work tarmac, even on my custom moots with almost same measurements as the c60 doesn’t feels the same as the ride that experienced on my pinarello f8, the Colnagos C series or the Sarto Asolo. I haven’t tried the bianchi or the Scarpa but I’m assuming it is that same feeling.

The reason of the factor is purely a pure opportunity to get into the disc brake, without expending a ridiculous amount of money as brands keeps pushing to standardize the 5k and above for a frameset, even when the quality of the ride is not there, I have seen the evolution of the market, and I opted in the last 2 years for getting second hand boutique items from shops that based their business on trading cycling goods.

That’s how I had build up my stable. Image

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

Neckkoss wrote:Image

But on cycling we all have that same problem, there is not need for something to be wrong nothing with our bikes for us to be looking for something new or to try something different, I can’t afford to have a different wife or drive a different car every day but thank God I can ride a different bike everyday of the week. I have been fortunate enough to be on the right time and take the opportunities when they have come up to keep the journey interesting ….!!! Believe me there is not way I could have the goods I own today at retail price, without some serious explanation to my wife…. Lol …!!!!

smokva

by smokva

Neckkoss wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:51 pm
Believe me there is not way I could have the goods I own today at retail price, without some serious explanation to my wife…. Lol …!!!!
Talking about explanation to wife.. :thumbup:
Trick 1: Buy the bike of the same color, she wont notice.
Trick 2: Honey, look do you like Bianchi celeste color...do you want me to buy you an 500 EUR Bianchi for going arround neighbourhood? But now that you have celeste wouldn't it be so cool that we both have bikes of the same color....bang...custom painted Bianchi Oltre XR4 is in garage :thumbup:
20220817_0723182.jpg

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

smokva wrote:
Neckkoss wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:51 pm
Believe me there is not way I could have the goods I own today at retail price, without some serious explanation to my wife…. Lol …!!!!
Talking about explanation to wife.. :thumbup:
Trick 1: Buy the bike of the same color, she wont notice.
Trick 2: Honey, look do you like Bianchi celeste color...do you want me to buy you an 500 EUR Bianchi for going arround neighbourhood? But now that you have celeste wouldn't it be so cool that we both have bikes of the same color....bang...custom painted Bianchi Oltre XR4 is in garage :thumbup:
20220817_0723182.jpg
Love it …..!!!!

sevencyclist

by sevencyclist

Would have been my vote to keep Colnago as well. I like the Berk Lupina saddle with leather cover. Light but yet comfortable.

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

sevencyclist wrote:Would have been my vote to keep Colnago as well. I like the Berk Lupina saddle with leather cover. Light but yet comfortable.
Yes. They very comfortable, they are is the best options out there when you want to keep the weight low but some padding and leather, no a big fan of tune or schmolke carbon saddles, they are indeed super weight saving option but I keep myself sliding all over the place, there is no grip on them to maintain your position, and cold days the are a lost source of heat, carbon doesn’t transfer heat but does retain any either, for cold weather padding ( at least for me) it is a must to have.

I’m still considering as I have one more week to either return the frame or trade the pininfarina, somebody on the forum had a very valid point, the factor O2 vam is a lightweight frame, I also have muy urgestalt Weiss which is set for the same purpose but in rim brake, the only aero bike I have is the De Rosa, unless I plan a replacement on the future SL7 or SL8, I was looking for the ostro gorilla edition but I came to late to the party, I spoke with the global sale manager and they were only made 200 units for 51 countries.

I don’t really like the colnago VR3, so I’m thinking still and reconsidering, I haven’t seen a real All around frameset that set all the boxes, it is easy to bring the sl7 or the ostro to a decent weight, however the cost per gram becomes pretty expensive, specially on the price range manufacture are trying to position the bike frames, I haven’t seen a decent new frameset that doesn’t cost less than €5000 or even more, Paired it with a group set and a good set of wheels and your are already on a build that is 10k to 12k fora bike, with a marginal return value after 2 - 3 year or light / moderate use

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

bobones

by bobones

I'll vote for the SK, but that's because I've got one and know how great it is!

Neckkoss

by Neckkoss

bobones wrote:I'll vote for the SK, but that's because I've got one and know how great it is!

Amazing bike, beautiful color too. Happy holidays. My decision taking took an entire spin yesterday. I got news to share with the forum on “black chrome Friday sale “

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com