SRM Origin - Composite? Anybody owns it? Picture?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Hey guys.

Looking to buy a SRM origin. Looking at the Composite Version. Does anybody have a picture of it? Can you see the carbon weave or is plain carbon ud?

I can't jusity the THM version, thats just to much for a powermeter even thougt that looks the bomb. :mrgreen:

/Thanks in advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Therez a couple on ebay (uk) right now with pics etc.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

itsacarr

by itsacarr

If you get the LOOK branded arm you get weave. THM branded you get weave. Specifically the "composite" version is the matte composite.
Just ride ..

Nejmann

by Nejmann

itsacarr wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:03 pm
If you get the LOOK branded arm you get weave. THM branded you get weave. Specifically the "composite" version is the matte composite.
Ahh I see.. Is the only difference with LOOK that you can change the lenght of the arm? Looks like something that would become a sound problem in the future. :wink:

RyanH

by RyanH

The composite is also over 100g heavier than Look arms since I think they're aluminum arms wrapped in carbon or something like that.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

RyanH wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:49 pm
The composite is also over 100g heavier than Look arms since I think they're aluminum arms wrapped in carbon or something like that.

God damnit! Hmm kind of like the idea that I can use the original dura ace chainrings.. Maybe I should go thm crank with Carbon ti rings and Favero pedals....

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

yes you can see the carbon weave (THM version)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Nejmann

by Nejmann

spdntrxi wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:31 pm
yes you can see the carbon weave (THM version)
Yes I know?

mashiehood

by mashiehood

or just buy a non-power THM and screw on some Favero's .... just sayin!

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Had a couple Origins in LOOK flavor. Never had an issue with noise even with a lot of travel (taking the inserts in and out).

They will become wedged in pretty good but it's not really an issue. The THM version is what you want if you want the ascetic plus the lack of hassle of adjustability. But there is obviously a 500 USD up charge for it plus it's lighter.

There are a couple threads on the forum with pictures if you're still looking.
Just ride ..

Nejmann

by Nejmann

mashiehood wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:53 pm
or just buy a non-power THM and screw on some Favero's .... just sayin!
Yes thought of that too. Had them before they are awesome.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Nejmann wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:30 pm
Hey guys.

Looking to buy a SRM origin. Looking at the Composite Version. Does anybody have a picture of it? Can you see the carbon weave or is plain carbon ud?

I can't jusity the THM version, thats just to much for a powermeter even thougt that looks the bomb. :mrgreen:

/Thanks in advance!
Just buy a rotor carbon crank and power2max 4sl spider. With the regular chainring they are 620gr complete (actual weight) And not much heavier then the thm srm combo with carbon arms (listed weight). Oh and at least half the price

Nejmann

by Nejmann

wickedstealthy wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:32 am
Nejmann wrote:
Hey guys.

/Thanks in advance!
Just buy a rotor carbon crank and power2max 4sl spider. With the regular chainring they are 620gr complete (actual weight) And not much heavier then the thm srm combo with carbon arms (listed weight). Oh and at least half the price
I just think the rotor is a little unsexy? Does that combo take original dura ace chainrings?

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

I like the look srm one since you can change lengths of the arms with the tri lobe.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Nejmann wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:45 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:32 am
Nejmann wrote:
Hey guys.

/Thanks in advance!
I just think the rotor is a little unsexy? Does that combo take original dura ace chainrings?
Yes it can take the dura ace rings if you want. But I can't be bothered by those ugly rings.
I added the combo I run on my bike
Attachments
01120310-63DD-48C1-9AC5-7E771CD471AD.png