Resources for Titanium & Carbon Hardware

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ArtifactsInMotion

by ArtifactsInMotion

Hi WWs

Would like to get this thread going to keep track of retailers of titanium and carbon fastners, bolts, hardware replacements... anything marginal gain related to existing parts on the bike. Hyperlinks and store names are paramount, in addition to what bike or component in question you've found successful replacement parts for.

Some well known names like R2 Bike, Fairwheel Bike, Probolt come to mind, but I'm sure there are more options than most know!
'22 Orbea Orca Aero 57cm, DA92, Bontrager RSL62, GP5KSTR 28mm, Roval Rapide Cockpit, SLR Superflow Carbonio, 7.8kg

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

I have used Risk and now from a brand/store called Tiremet/Tibicycle

It is said to be T6/4 titanium and it is definitely not aluminum or steel. I have replaced every single bolt possible on 2 two bikes. One road bike and one Cannondale Scalpel Si. It is working great! Just have to be careful with the torque, the M5 bolts can only take so much.

Tiremet offers plenty of titanium bolts in different colors and also extremly unique products such as this, SPD-SL screw/washer set in titanium saving you 13 grams
www.shorturl.at/dgtY0 (aliexpress link)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mocs123

by Mocs123

Has anyone ordered from Wanyifa? I'm looking at some Ti bolts for my stem, headset, and bottle cages - not so much for the weight savings (though the weight savings however small, are nice) but for the corrosion resistance as my steel bolts are rusted/corroded pretty bad from sweat. Should I try and source SS instead?
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Mocs123 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:12 pm
Has anyone ordered from Wanyifa? I'm looking at some Ti bolts for my stem, headset, and bottle cages - not so much for the weight savings (though the weight savings however small, are nice) but for the corrosion resistance as my steel bolts are rusted/corroded pretty bad from sweat. Should I try and source SS instead?
I have ordered a few bolts from them. Mostly small ones like countersunk M4x10 and similar. Feels like titanium.
Only issue is that on some bolts they measure including the head so that countersunk M4x10 is only 8mm.

Attermann

by Attermann

That's how you measure countersunk.