need saddle recommendations (Toupe lookalike)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nikospeed

by nikospeed

Hi guys
As my Look 785 is going to be repaired, I need a new WW saddle as the old S-Works Toupe disintegrated during the accident.
So which current saddle would be as close as possible to the 143mm S-Works Toupe?
For reference:
- std Toupe was too soft for me (shell) but shape fits perfectly
- I have a Saevid Alien Carbon on my other (wannabe aero) bike. Great shape (basically c/c of the Toupe, just shorter nose), light but might be a bit too rigid for longer days in the mountains
- on the Time I had bought was a Prologo Dimension NACK installed. It ALMOST fits but it looks as if the wings are too flat for my sitbones.
- had tried a Bontrager XXX and wanted it to fit (really comfy) but the back was too high. I need a flat saddle...

How for example is the Selle Italia SLR Boost Kit Carbonio L3 fitting into the overall picture?

Thanks for any input (note: I won't go Berk, too many complaints out there).

Cheers
Niko

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Look at the V concept version of Syncros.
https://www.syncros.com/in/en/product/s ... 2290135222
Well, there's an R version to (but not SL (super light)
https://www.syncros.com/in/en/product/s ... 2050001222
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TLN

by TLN

Why donr you buy another toupe?
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

nikospeed

by nikospeed

TLN wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:36 am
S-Works Toupes are quite hard to get, and maybe there is an alternative that works and is even a tad lighter...

TLN

by TLN

nikospeed wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:01 pm
TLN wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:36 am
S-Works Toupes are quite hard to get, and maybe there is an alternative that works and is even a tad lighter...
I have one laying around, swapped it for Power and happy with that.
I also have fully stripped Toupe (just bare carbon shell), was planning to add minimal padding and see how that works, but never got time to do it
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

whataboutEee

by whataboutEee

I've actually been going thru this lately since I can't get a 130 toupe anymore, so I have some insight. Since you can go 142, I find the phenom and toupe pretty much interchangeable. The shape seems like it shouldnt be the case, but the butt seems to disagree. Unfortunately for those of us who need a 130 toupe, specialzed doesn't make anything comparable. The flite superboost is really close to a toupe. Main difference is the flite is more of a "t" saddle, so it stays quite slim quite aways back. For example it doesn't get to 70mm wide until much farther back on the saddle compared to the toupe. The SLR superboost is unlikely to be what you are looking for, since it is much more of a "sit in" the saddle versus a "sit on" the saddle. But if the shape works for you, it is a really nice saddle. I haven't tried it yet, but I am looking at bontragers new verse, it seems like it should be able to work as a toupe substitute. I'm still hoping I can get the power to work because it is really comfortable to sit on, but it gets wider quicker than the toupe and that is causing me a lot of grief. Hopefully some more trial and error will get it to work cause it is really comfortable.

nikospeed

by nikospeed

Thanks guys, that's really helpful! Didn't have the Flite on my radar, will possibly order Flite and SLR and test both on the rollers. If they don't work, I might get back 2U @TLN 😉

cheers
Niko

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

San Marco Aspide Superleggera maybe? I use these or SLR Kit Carbonio Flow and tend to prefer the San Marco shape a bit more. I've never ridden an S-Works Toupe, but the shape appears similar to the Aspide Superleggera.

nikospeed

by nikospeed

How about compliance of the Aspide SL? Read different things wrt comfort. If it's really firm I could get another Saevid Alien and save quite some money. Will probably check out SLR and Flite first...

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

My aspides have a pretty rigid shell.

deens

by deens

Specialized toupe 130’s were also my go to saddle. Sad they no longer make them. Anyone found a new saddle that’s as comfortable or better? Looking for a narrow and a cut-out. Thanks guys!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com