Omni Racer carbon seat post clamp.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

I broke a New Ultimate seat post clamp last week mtb ing on my fat bike. I was able to run to a near by town to get a clamp and it saved mtb/camping weekend. The new clamp was porky. I looked at Omni Racer's website and I see they now have a clamp that they did not advertise before. Link below. They claim 6 grams. Mine just came in the mail and it's finished beatifully, I bought the matt version, and then popped it on the scale. 5.8 grams and it is the 34.9mm version. So lighter than advertised, will someone complain? Will post more after I get it installed and ride with it.

https://www.omniracer.com/product-page/ ... post-clamp

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Clever mechanism, like a seapost wedge. The carbon film probably isn't needed but doesn't add any any weight with how thin it is.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nickf

by nickf

I have used many Omni racer parts over the years. Never let me down. That 3mm bolt on the back doesn't fill me will confidence. I have been using the Tune Schraubwürger clamp with good success for a few years now, M5 torx.

StanleyM

by StanleyM

I've got that light one...you have to get the fit just right as it is a CF loop device. That little strip in the picture is just to keep the tensioner in place when not installed. I had to sand off some frame paint to get the loop onto my seat tube. It has less clamping force than non-loop versions but can be enuf. Just don't slap it on for the first time right before starting a century!!
omni-seat-clamp.jpg