Omni Racer carbon seat post clamp.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

I broke a New Ultimate seat post clamp last week mtb ing on my fat bike. I was able to run to a near by town to get a clamp and it saved mtb/camping weekend. The new clamp was porky. I looked at Omni Racer's website and I see they now have a clamp that they did not advertise before. Link below. They claim 6 grams. Mine just came in the mail and it's finished beatifully, I bought the matt version, and then popped it on the scale. 5.8 grams and it is the 34.9mm version. So lighter than advertised, will someone complain? Will post more after I get it installed and ride with it.

https://www.omniracer.com/product-page/ ... post-clamp

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Clever mechanism, like a seapost wedge. The carbon film probably isn't needed but doesn't add any any weight with how thin it is.

nickf

by nickf

I have used many Omni racer parts over the years. Never let me down. That 3mm bolt on the back doesn't fill me will confidence. I have been using the Tune Schraubwürger clamp with good success for a few years now, M5 torx.

StanleyM

by StanleyM

I've got that light one...you have to get the fit just right as it is a CF loop device. That little strip in the picture is just to keep the tensioner in place when not installed. I had to sand off some frame paint to get the loop onto my seat tube. It has less clamping force than non-loop versions but can be enuf. Just don't slap it on for the first time right before starting a century!!
omni-seat-clamp.jpg