Looking for lighter full integration stem than FSA NS ACR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Maddie

by Maddie

370g for a bar/stem combo is not WW light for sure, but I wouldn't say it's heavy if you look at KNOT, FSA etc. And the F1 is known to be miles stiffer compared to Bontrager XXX and Darimo Nexum (which are not aero optimized).
From what I've seen, I don't think you can route cables through the steerer on the new F1s. But Farsports does some customization and maybe it's possible that they add a hole?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Maddie wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:56 pm
From what I've seen, I don't think you can route cables through the steerer on the new F1s. But Farsports does some customization and maybe it's possible that they add a hole?
Bummer, not many brands do OD2 cockpits and I was hoping that Farsports would come out with a proper Pro Vibe Evo competitor.

hannawald

by hannawald

LouisN wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:25 pm
eucalyptus wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:45 am
370g is very very heavy. Even more so than "the one pro bar" and much heavier than the new EXS aerover which I believe is in the same price category.

There are also plenty of cheapo bars on Aliexpress hovering around the 370g mark
FSA NS ACR stem is 235 g, doubled with Energy ACR bar at 269 g = 505 g :o !!
So I'll take those 130 g savings ! For now Deda option (I like he drop better) and lighter bar (need 36 cm wide !) is the #1 choice, cheapest, most versatile.

Louis :)
I used to have that stem on Bianchi and remember it was much lighter than advertised. Did you weight it yourself?

HansZuDemFranz

by HansZuDemFranz

Since I hade the same issue with my Merida Scultura, I decided to go with the Tarmac SL7 stem. I always really liked the look of it and I think the cable routing strikes a nice balance between integration and serviceability.

Note that I didnt have the cable guide for underneath the stem (didnt realize its an extra thing to ourchase and doesnt come with the stem...).

Another big plus for this setup is, that I currently (bars are fully external) can service both headset bearings without cutting any hoses. I might look into 3D-printing a good fitting top-cap/cover thing, but I still think it looks decent even without it.
Attachments
IMG_3963.JPG
IMG_3964.JPG
IMG_3968.JPG
IMG_3962.JPG

RDY

by RDY

robbosmans wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:10 am
They are all heavy unfortunately. Pro is however releasing a new vibe superlight stem that seems to support integrated cable routing so fingers crossed it does.

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/pro-vibe ... d-cockpit/
Anybody know when that PRO clip on is going to be available?

wannabefast

by wannabefast

robbosmans wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:33 pm
That’s why I just run a normal stem with the cables shrink wrapped underneath. It this this looks fine. When the EXS bar and stem is available in Europe, I will replace it with that one.
What kind of Garmin mount is that? It looks very nicely integrated with the PRO Vibe stem.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Its from framesandgears

LouisN

by LouisN

robbosmans wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:10 am
They are all heavy unfortunately. Pro is however releasing a new vibe superlight stem that seems to support integrated cable routing so fingers crossed it does.

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/pro-vibe ... d-cockpit/
Sounded promising, especially the weight of the stem !! But they don't offer long stems.
I'm looking for a 140 mm long stem (stupid short frame, no other option here :? ) !!
Deda Superbox still the only lighter option I find, and they are pretty rare at this lenght, 180 days to produce from Deda direct !!

Louis :)

kroem

by kroem

Deda Superbox requires cables to run under the stem thou, it's just an extra plastic cable channel screwed onto the stem. So you can run cables directly from inside the bar into the stem.

Makes no sense to me that they didn't make is so it can run cables fully internal.

EDIT. Im an idiot... I must've missed those holes :D Or...I have an old version...
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

Greny

by Greny

HansZuDemFranz wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:41 pm
Since I hade the same issue with my Merida Scultura, I decided to go with the Tarmac SL7 stem. I always really liked the look of it and I think the cable routing strikes a nice balance between integration and serviceability.

Note that I didnt have the cable guide for underneath the stem (didnt realize its an extra thing to ourchase and doesnt come with the stem...).

Another big plus for this setup is, that I currently (bars are fully external) can service both headset bearings without cutting any hoses. I might look into 3D-printing a good fitting top-cap/cover thing, but I still think it looks decent even without it.

Did you stay with the sl 7 stem ? Did you 3D print a cap ? Got same issue with my Scultura, looking for a lighter stem and a bit good looking 👀