2022 Cervelo R5 / Caledonia 5 - Carbon Stem Recall (ST31 Stem)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Downhill502

by Downhill502

Vinsanyon wrote:
b5000 wrote:@Vinsanyon - The shop kept the open faceplate for warranty purposes.

I do have another extra stock 100mm carbon ST31 stem with the open faceplate if you are interested PM me (I needed a 110 for my fit so I didn't use the stock 100mm). Considering the safety issues and recall, I really wouldn't recommend using the open faceplate.

I was going to ebay it but I haven't got around to it - but its strange now considering the recall on the open faceplate - I plan to put a notice on the listing about the safety of using it and the recall or contact the online retailer that I bought the 110mm stem from and ask for a recall swap of the faceplate - so I can make it safe before I ebay it.
I can’t PM yet in this forum unfortunately.

I am interested in just the computer mount for the open face plate if you still have it.

Could you PM me?

I also sent you an email.

Thank you.
I should have the larger open face plate computer mount. Luckily my dealer sent my new recall parts through the mail since I was no longer local. I’ll add a picture later to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinsanyon

by Vinsanyon

Downhill502 wrote:
Vinsanyon wrote:
b5000 wrote:@Vinsanyon - The shop kept the open faceplate for warranty purposes.

I do have another extra stock 100mm carbon ST31 stem with the open faceplate if you are interested PM me (I needed a 110 for my fit so I didn't use the stock 100mm). Considering the safety issues and recall, I really wouldn't recommend using the open faceplate.

I was going to ebay it but I haven't got around to it - but its strange now considering the recall on the open faceplate - I plan to put a notice on the listing about the safety of using it and the recall or contact the online retailer that I bought the 110mm stem from and ask for a recall swap of the faceplate - so I can make it safe before I ebay it.
I can’t PM yet in this forum unfortunately.

I am interested in just the computer mount for the open face plate if you still have it.

Could you PM me?

I also sent you an email.

Thank you.
I should have the larger open face plate computer mount. Luckily my dealer sent my new recall parts through the mail since I was no longer local. I’ll add a picture later to confirm.

Sounds good!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Downhill502

by Downhill502

@vinsanyon Image

Vinsanyon

by Vinsanyon

Downhill502 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:13 pm
@vinsanyon Image

Sweet.

I shoot you an email at @live.com.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

3xsu wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:18 pm
thebikemanguy wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:08 am
One annoying part of this recall is that only authorized Cervelo dealers are allowed to perform it. If you didn't buy your bike in-person, you can't just get the new faceplate shipped to you.
Extremely annoyed with this. Stem faceplates arrived this week so my husband took both his Caledonia 5 and my R5 to have the faceplate replaced on Thursday. We didn't get a chance to review the stem before our ride today and when we go grab our bikes, both our handlebars are off center (umm, that's why the lines are there) and the Garmin mount holder is loose. By halfway through the ride, my Garmin mount was bouncing around. It appears as though it was incorrectly installed. Not a difficult task, but this is why we build and maintain our own bikes, so if there's a complaint, we are the only ones to blame. Husband is still ranting about the carbon paste oozing everywhere :lol:
Pretty sad when the shop doing the warranty work cant correctly install any part of the assembly which makes you question how safe is it after they had their way with it. I would have a trusted shop check their work or do it myself and or take pics of how it was offcenter and parts not so tight.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Downhill502

by Downhill502

I sent you an email but let me know if you still have the 100mm stem available, thanks.

Rkreddevil

by Rkreddevil

Hi,

Is the stem plate for St31 carbon stem made of alloy? I recently purchased frameset, it came with correct faceplate. Just wanted to confirm if the faceplate is really made of alloy for st31 carbon stem. Thank you.

skinnybex

by skinnybex

Rkreddevil wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:13 am
Hi,

Is the stem plate for St31 carbon stem made of alloy? I recently purchased frameset, it came with correct faceplate. Just wanted to confirm if the faceplate is really made of alloy for st31 carbon stem. Thank you.
Yes, the replacement stemplate is alloy.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

Rkreddevil

by Rkreddevil

skinnybex wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:16 pm
Rkreddevil wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:13 am
Hi,

Yes, the replacement stemplate is alloy.
Thank you.